• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stupid Question!

I have a 2001 Polaris 550 touring that I use for Ice fishing, the problem is that it is leaking gas! You pull it over and a HUGE puddle of gas floods the garage. I am kind of a mechanical moron, so any help would be apprceated!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

Cory-
Like Perch said, likely a stuck floats inside the carbs. Does it run properly? Usually the sled will run really rough, if at all, if the floats are stuck. Pour some Sea Foam in the tank. I have freed the floats with the use of a hammer and tap the bottoms of the carbs. Tap, not POUND!
I'm working on a sled right now that leaked gas and the gas line cracked in two places and leaked all over. Find the source and go from there and report back.
There are also small tubes on the bottom of the carbs and those have leaked on me too.

Does it leak gas just sitting there, or do you have to pull the motor over?

Sometimes, when a sled has been trailered with the fuel selector "on", the needle and seats in the carbs will wear, and you can get a leaky situation like you have.

Check and see if you have gas in your crank case. This is easy to do, in the lower front of the engine there are 2 screws you can remove to drain the crank case. This would happen on my Trail. Took it in and they replaced the needle and seats.