• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bristol

Sifty

It was strange, that's for sure. They ground the top of the track with the intent of moving the groove to the bottom, but then everybody got grip on the new ground surface so they stayed away from the bottom. Go figure.

I have a feeling that after the top groove wears in it'll be worse racing than it was before they ground it and it'll be back to two wide with no passing. They need to get out the old blueprints and eliminate the progressive banking.

So he moved the 17 to get into the lower groove that the 17 was in but it was the 17's fault for the crash???

Sifty

May just be the fault of the new track surface as there was not enough groove high.

Did Kenseth push Tony high out of the groove before they showed the asccident? That I do not know and could explain why it happened.

I never really paid much attention to Kenseth in the past because he's about as exciting as a plate of mashed potatoes, but earlier this year I heard a spotter tell his driver to get away from Kenseth because "he'll use you up...he does it every week" and that surprised me. After that I started to pay more attention to Kenseth and the way he drives and it's true, he's a complete hack on the track and a lot dirtier than most people think.

Kenseth rode Stewart right up to the wall in typical Kenseth style racing. Other guys might have lifted and let him get away with it, but he messed with the wrong guy because Stewart isn't going to put up with that, nor should he.

Only Kenseth would attempt a slide job when he's door to door with another car, but don't assume that it was a mistake...it is just the way he drives.

Yes, Tony could have backed out of the throttle but then the next time, Kenseth would do the same thing again and again. There are times when you have to stand up to the guys who like to push and push back. They will not stop doing what they do unless you take them out or at a minimum move them.

I for one, was very unimpressed with the track. Single car ring around the rosy in the upper groove...wait...the only groove. Only 2-3 cars really seemed capable of going low to pull off the pass. Boy if you were stuck on the inside on race restarts you typically lost 3-4 spots before you hoped like heck to find an opening up high. There were a few good moments, but how in the heck do you give someone the bump and run when you are 2 feet from the outside wall?

Disappointing. Would rather have the progressive banking still there IMO.

I never said that I was upset about drivers doing a slide job, in fact, if you re-read what I posted it was in regards to Kenseth doing a slide job on a guy when he was door to door with him. That's not a slide job, that's being a hack that couldn't make the pass so he rides the other guy to the wall. Were they racing for the lead? Sure...with 150 something laps left. smirk

Stewart will not be penalized: NASCAR will not penalize #14-Tony Stewart for throwing his helmet at Matt Kenseth's car during the race Saturday night at Bristol Motor Speedway, NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said Monday afternoon. The sanctioning body, which has been more lenient on driver behavior the past several years, did not penalize Camping World Truck Series driver Todd Bodine for throwing his helmet at another competitor's vehicle earlier this month at Pocono. NASCAR did confiscate Stewart's helmet.(Sporting News)(8-28-2012)

Why would they take his helmet?

Sifty

I never really paid much attention to Kenseth in the past because he's about as exciting as a plate of mashed potatoes, but earlier this year I heard a spotter tell his driver to get away from Kenseth because "he'll use you up...he does it every week" and that surprised me. After that I started to pay more attention to Kenseth and the way he drives and it's true, he's a complete hack on the track and a lot dirtier than most people think.

*whistling*