• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Splash Guards???

mosquitoman

I was wondering if anyone could help me out by giving me some advice or pointing me in the right direction. I do a lot of backtrolling now that I upgraded from a 14'/3hp boat to a 16'/30hp. the larger motor can't quite get slow enough for my taste so I have been considering splash guards. I have thought about making my own but from past projects I can only assume that wont turn out very well. the only place I have found that is local is Whitecap MFG in Shakopee..... has anyone ever bought from them? anyone know of others that make/sell them? any info would be greatly appreciated!

If you want to slow the boat down though, get yourself a drift sock, wave wackers wont slow you down at all.

They don't directly "slow you down", but they will keep water out of your boat when you decide to back-troll, which will slow you down relative to forward-trolling. I believe that's what happened here.

They don't directly "slow you down", but they will keep water out of your boat when you decide to back-troll, which will slow you down relative to forward-trolling. I believe that's what happened here.

Right on da $$$ wink

To actually slow down your troll in the water, is where you need the drift sock if using the big motor.

sorry for the unclear post.... i know they wont slow me down at all. that is why i have started backtrolling more to get to the slower speed i like to troll at. i am looking at the guards to prevent water from coming in my boat.

thanks for all the input!

I have had a set of WC's on the boat for the past 7 years. No issues at all.

I would also suggest to look into a drift sock for slowing your trolling speed down.

On my boat, I wanted to be able to get down to .5 mph and I was at 1.3mph. I put on a trolling plate 4 years ago and have been enjoying trolling speeds all the way down to .4 mph.

The trolling plate has also helped me get on plane faster and it seems I picked up a little bit on my top end speed. For my boat, this was the best thing I could have done for trolling speed and I am sure would help slow down any boat's trolling speed.

I also had whitecaps. Excellent product He stands behind it any problems will be taken care of. My new ride is a bass boat so no White Caps. MY princeCraft had them since 2001 no issues at all.

Mwal