• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First time ice shack build

llcooljc

I am just finishing up with the frame. I bought a welder and have done that myself. Unfortunately it has taken much longer than expected... crazy. I am now putting bedliner on the underside of my marine plywood and will be also putting it on the frame.

Since I am a distance away from any wheelhouse manufacturers etc, it has been a chore trying to find someone to sell me a ramp door for the back. So far ice castle is the only one that seems to want to. Anyone know anywhere else I can look for a price/door comparison?

Thanks

John

Current picture of the frame...

full-41815-22799-0728122003.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I contacted iceassault and may get hooked up with the door from them.

Anybody run wire other than normal 14 or 12 from house wiring for the 12v parts? Just wondering if one could use smaller/lighter wire for small lights/fan etc

Thanks

John

I bought a 1,000' roll of 16 gauge wire for my build. I'll have to get some heavier gauge for a few things. Do a calculation of your amp draw and the length of each wire run, and take a look at a chart for the wire size requirement. 14 or 16 gauge will handle quite a load.

I bought a 1,000' roll of 16 gauge wire for my build. I'll have to get some heavier gauge for a few things. Do a calculation of your amp draw and the length of each wire run, and take a look at a chart for the wire size requirement. 14 or 16 gauge will handle quite a load.
Especially if you use LED lights.

Thx. It sure wasn't easy. Try going to your save big money store and find 60 2x3's that are straight and true. Not possible. If I build another one I'll probably just use all steel like the other build progressing on here.

as of now it appears about $9k with the blown insulation and all led lights, atwood furnace, back ramp door etc. etc. No idea what it would have cost to buy one similar. (this one will be built quite a bit heavier duty than what i've seen though so tough to compare)

confused

Tough to find time to work on it with kids sports etc. but I finally got a few sheets on. I also now have the ramp door, entry door, all led lights, rubber roof, rubber floor, heater, etc all ready to be put together. Now I just need the time... crazyfull-41815-24503-0916121845.jpg