• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Not even summer yet, and I confess I am missing snow...

BoxMN

How about this? Pictures taken about 2 weeks ago, Cooke City. A guy posted on Snowest saying there probably another week or 2 left of good riding. Cat's been out there for about a month testing.

Just in case you felt the urge to go cool

Wow! That is incredible! For snow like that, I have never been there, is a fat old guy able to ride, or is it something that only younger guys in good shape can do? End of May...wow.... cool, thanks! smile

This time of the season offers what they call hero snow, you can go anywhere and riding is pretty easy, except when they get a 2 foot snow storm, then it could be some work or just plain heaven depending on how you look at it grin

I'm not sure how old you are but I remember the first 3 years we went to Cooke, we stayed at the same hotel as another couple from Washington State and the last time we saw him he was 69 and had no fear of the mtns.

They will ride for a few more weeks in Cooke, people just chase the snow up the mtn, now is the time of year the snowmobile film people are doing the crazy chute pulls that everyone sees on those videos.

I'd love to be out there right now!

Mike

I just got my shocks back from being rebuilt and putting those on my sled and also doing some clutching to it, I also picked up a used 4 place trailer that im checking over so its ready to pull out to the black hills for our first trip of this coming winter, OMG i love winter, cant wait for the leaves to fall and the north winds to start blown

Sounds like you need a summer ride to take your mind off of it! Get a Dirt or Dual Sport bike and get back in the woods! wink

I still have some rear tire left yet before I want to pull the sled back out! laugh

Yeah, leech, a dual purpose is in the future at some time. I keep sayign that to wife, but she got the pontoon this year, and a "new" one, so that will keep me working for a while. I always get the used stuff, but good used stuff wink Have wanted a klr650 for some time, but now thinking more of honda xr650... who knows, but it would be fun!

Too many toys to want, too few years and dollars left, haha! smile

Yeah, leech, a dual purpose is in the future at some time. I keep sayign that to wife, but she got the pontoon this year, and a "new" one, so that will keep me working for a while. I always get the used stuff, but good used stuff wink Have wanted a klr650 for some time, but now thinking more of honda xr650... who knows, but it would be fun!

Too many toys to want, too few years and dollars left, haha! smile

Hope you have looong legs if your going to get a XR. They are tall bikes! I'm a runt so had to go with a lowered DR650! grin

I spend a few moments each week watching youtube videos of snowmobiling to get my fix. I don't know if it makes things better or worse crazy

How many days left? 150? 170?

Ya, thats kind of like going out for a Steak and only watching them make it! laugh