• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat cleaning

3andadog

I was cleaning up my boat the other day and was wondering what other people use both in and out.

I use Simple Green and a bush to the carpet, if I have any stains on it I will try cheap hand sanitizer as a pretreatment (actuall takes out red wine stains in white carpet - I need to drink less)then wash it down with a power washer.

I also hit the outside of the boat (2006 Lund Fisherman) with the simple Green and spray it down. Not sure how to get a coat of wax on it upside down.

I use 409 on the seats but have found it's hard to get the shiner scales off with out really scrubbing.

The windows will get a shot of RainX.

I use Starbright products and would like to hear what other people like.

Starbrigth Hull cleaner on the hull. It has a mild acid that takes off dark water stains in a jiffy. Apply it with a sponge then spray it off.

After cleaning I apply the spray-on wax from the local car wash.

I've had good results with their carpet cleaner so far. I mix it with warm water in a bucket then apply it with a concrete scrubbing brush that I picked up at Menards. The brush looks like a small shop broom but with long stiff bristles. Basically a big scrub brush on a broom handle. It stands the carpet back up while cleaning out the fish slime.

Best product I've found for the hull / outside of boat is a chamois or even a "Sham-wow" type towel. Take 5 minutes and wipe down boat every time. Unless I get a bunch of bugs / rain & dust, I rarely have to clean the outside of my boat. If /when I do need to, Restore & Wonderfoam work well for me.

I use a 50/50 mix of white vinigar and water for the hull, windsheild,and electronics screen,carpet I don't worry about since it will be replaced over the winter...I keep an old bath towel in the boat to wipe down with after loading if I have time...

This spring I had to do some serious cleaning of the lower hull due to water stains/scum line. The product I bought was JJV's Best, it is a MN product. Being it is environmentally safe, I was a little concerned of it's effectiveness. But, man does it work. I sprayed on the boat and by the time I hooked the hose on the pressure washer and turned back around, it had cleaned itself. Just gave it a quick spray down and all was good. I would highly recommend.

I don't worry about the scum lines too much. All my cleaning efforts are done with a vaccum. Boat is under a cover at all times except on the water and during travel. Although, i should look into a carpet cleaning soap as it would probably get more of the MN River out of the carpet smirk

I use collinite wax on my fiberglass boat. Its marine wax and works great, and between waxes i will wipe it down with Bow To Stern.

Does a great job getting and keeping those water lines off, and keeping the boat shiny.

I have a 2005, and get a ton of compliments on the 'newness' of my boat.