• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gas Smell

53orbigger

I'm stumped. Got the boat (2004 Navigator 175 with 115 Honda) out of storage and into the garage last weekend. Ever since the whole garage smells like gas and it is so bad it is permeating into the house. I took everything else that has gas in it out of the garage to make sure it was the boat and the smell remains. I smelled every inch of the carpet and cannot find anything that smells like gas (thinking that maybe my boat was stored beneath someone else's that was leaking gas in the racked storage), but if I open the compartments you can clearly smell gas. Thinking I might have a hole in my tank I put a bunch of water into the hull and when it came back of the drain it did not smell like gas at all. The smell is so strong that spending any amount of time in the garage makes my throat burn. Does anyone have any thoughts on things I might check?

Thanks

Also as a precaution move the boat outside. It's understandable that you want to find the cause, but you don't want to blow up the house with flameable gas vapors.