• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The river is down. So are the number of fish in the river. It's not looking like a real good opener, but then again, last year it was 4 degrees below zero, so at least it wont be so cold. If you do come up, please respect the "space" of fellow fishermen and avoid crowding people.

The river is down. So are the number of fish in the river. It's not looking like a real good opener, but then again, last year it was 4 degrees below zero, so at least it wont be so cold. If you do come up, please respect the "space" of fellow fishermen and avoid crowding people.

Good luck with that!!

That's why the Brule is so great. People don't crowd. Unless your fishing with Joe Bob and Phillip at fish on their redds....

Back to the fishing part....3 years ago it was warm like this, and the fishing sucked. Fish were back in the lake. I'm thinking that will be the case again this year...but at least it won't be cold as he11 like last year

I'll be out on Saturday and will have my 9 year old daughter with me. I hope everyone enjoys a day on the river; feel free to say "hi" if you walk by where I'm fishing. I will be anxious to hear how fishing has been for you. I understand the "crowding" attitude, but it's great to chat with fellow steelheaders. The fish aren't mine and the river isn't either. I have not run into anyone that has been rude on the Brule yet. I have been fishing the Brule for many years; the level of respect I receive is often reflective of the respect I show others when encountering them on the river bank. Good luck this weekend, post your reports, and enjoy the opener.

Fishing was great, catching was not so good. I don't think there are as many fish in the river; there were many guys in my general area on Saturday. Saw only two other fisherman on Sunday.

Hooked two, one on a woolly bugger, the other on yard, lost both. Saw a few others caught, but many struggled. Even proven holes left some empty. I am embarrassed to admit it, but I caught a sucker. Not exactly the level of success I had hoped for. The most I heard caught by one fisherman was 5 for the weekend. Will be back on Thursday.

Hooked and landed three steelhead on Saturday, missed two others (few head shakes, and spin and off). Hooked into five on Sunday, only landed one. Poor hook sets, everything was hooked way downstream from me, bummer. Two large females, 25+, one with egss and one without eggs. The rest were in the 20 inch range. Caught a nice 18 inch brown, several 12-16 inch browns and two LARGE suckers. Our group brought in 10 steelhead on Saturday and 7 steelhead on Sunday. Fished high and low, hooked fish all day with the overcast skies. Gotta love the Brule!!