• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trap's ??

CC Hurl

PS trying to cut the spring with the small bolt cutter wrecked the cutter. The arrows point to where I would cut on the frame or jaw. Yes the spring was cut, but I had to use a much bigger bolt cuter that would be impossible to carry. I did this with all the main brands of traps. Duke, Victor, and Newhause. And that is a wallet in side the trap, it is a 220.

Quote:
PS trying to cut the spring with the small bolt cutter wrecked the cutter. The arrows point to where I would cut on the frame or jaw. Yes the spring was cut, but I had to use a much bigger bolt cuter that would be impossible to carry. I did this with all the main brands of traps. Duke, Victor, and Newhause

Good point. You do not need to destroy a trap to do a test to see if your bolt cutters are up to the task. Any bolt cutter that will shear a 5/16" mild steel bolt will cut through the jaws of a 220. The jaws are mild steel, and the springs are tempered and much harder.

HUNTER/Trapper HARASSMENT PROHIBITED

A person may not prevent or disrupt another person from taking or

preparing to take a wild animal. A person may not disturb wild animals with

the intent to prevent or disrupt another person from hunting. Placing bait for

the purpose of preventing or disrupting another person from lawfully hunting

deer would be considered unlawful under the hunter harassment laws.

Trap Tampering

• No person

may remove or tamper with a trap or snare legally

set

to take fur-bearing

or unprotected

wild animals

without authorization

by the trapper, a DNR agent, or the owner or lessee of the land

where the trap is located.