• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone catching any cats this early??

Pool_Eleven

Went out this afternoon for a few hours with my buddy and got skunked. Didnt expect much,couple bites was all. Tried anywhere from 3ft to 37ft of water by a dam. Had our bites on cut sucker in the deeper water. Anyone having any luck this early?

I tried some crawlers in 5-10 ft Wednesday around dusk. I had some light bites, but that was all. I was specifically targeting any species that would bite. Never felt a good catfish thump, or even a sheephead tap, so I think my bites were probably of the sucker/buffalo/carp/walleye ilk.

Mississippi River Pool 2 cats are going nuts. Several 16-22 inch Channels welcomed me on the first open water trips of 2012. Light action rod + 6 lb line + 22 inch cat = LOTS O FUN!!!!!!!

For what it's worth, probably not much deeper than 10 FOW. Worms and cutbait (shiner).

tried last night just south of rice bridge on the miss river, one smallie couple other bites, last year water was much higher, but caught them early april non stop. might be alittle early yet, but the water is much shallower where i'm fishing, so i hope they still come through!

I fish north of the Sartell dam a lot for bass/pike but am looking at starting to try for cats. I know where I can find them during the summer months but in the early spring do you guys generally set up on shallow flats or in deepr holes? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! D&B

Currently I'm shore bound, so I'm limited. I was casting in 2-4 feet with a shallower ripple downstream and a nice hole upstream that we don't have access to. I could feel rocks with the weight if that helps.

hey ducksnbucks, i fish north of you off of my landlords property, avg depth i've fished for cats is under 4-5' probably more like 3; just got done doing some fishing tonight and caught 1 cat, missed a few others before i came in, will be able to stick it out longer tomorrow...

Again went out this afternoon. Skunked! Fished some deep water again thinking theyre still gonna be holed up yet. Not so much obviously. Gonna hit the shallows next time. Water temp hit 61 degrees on the depth finder to, not real sure why i didnt try the shallows today but... theres always tomorrow. Also gonna throw out some bullies. At 61 degrees those flatties gotta be getting pretty active.