• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone

The documentary and book is called "Chased By the Light", by Jim Brandenburg. He took one picture a day for 90 days in Northern MN. Many of the shots are absolutely incredible, and add in the fact he only had one chance at perfection, and these were the days of film with no digital previews.

PBS airs the documentary a few times a year, but you can also pick up the DVD online and I'd bet Netflix has it also. The book is a must read also.

Your local library may even have them or be able to get them for you also.

I was notified by a friend in WI and recorded it to a DVD. I can't imagine taking just 1 pic per day for 90 days. That would require some serious self discipline. I might go a month or so without taking a photo, but then I have to make up for lost time. I've driven by his gallery in Luverne a couple times and never stopped. I'm going to have to take the time next time and check it out.

Thanks for the heads up on this show. I was able to record it and my wife and I watched it the other night. We both really enjoyed it. How would you like to have a backyard like that as a setting? The waterfall would be great let alone the BWCAW within walking distance.

ccarlson