• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mathews Reezen 6.5

Good Afternoon,

I am looking at getting back into the bowhunting scene and was thinking about updating my bow. A local archery store here has discontinued models of Mathew Reezen 6.5s and a couple of Monsters for $599.99 new. Does anybody have experience with either of these. It does not seem like a bad deal however then I got to thinking if they are good why do they have them left over?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Not sure about the Reezen, but the Monster is a flat out speed bow. If you're not an exceptionally experienced archer, I would steer way clear of that one.

Those prices are for a bare bow. Maybe if they sit on the shelf for a few more months I can get them to come down a little more or throw in some stuff.

Might just have to go in and see how they shoot.

Thanks you for input.

I bought my Reezen new 2 years ago for $680. That price isn't a huge discount. I do like the bow, and shoot it very well, some say they is some kind of hand shock, I really can't say that there is at all. The price of the bow is just about half of what it will cost to get all the other stuff. Site $100, arrow rest $150, D-loop and peep $15, stabilizer $50, quiver $75, arrows $150-200, broadheads $100, target $50, archery elk hunt in Colorado...priceless. I truly enjoy bowhunting and you really don't need the latest and greatest bow, speeds have really leveled out now around 300 fps, and they all make noise that the deer will hear. I would recommend a good used switchback XT with all the stuff on it, you could probably pick that up for $400. I was really looking at the new Hoyt carbon element with the RKT cams, not really much faster or really that much quieter than my reezen, just practice a lot with whatever you end up buying.

Those prices are for a bare bow. Maybe if they sit on the shelf for a few more months I can get them to come down a little more or throw in some stuff.

Might just have to go in and see how they shoot.

Thanks you for input.

If you want to shoot them come in and I'll set one up for you. The price won't go down though. They are as low as they'll get for the Reezen. As I told you that day I wouldn't even consider the Monster.

It is your decision, but there is probably a reason that those bows have not sold yet. They were some of mathews least popular. Now if you want a mathews I would look at the z7, came out in 2010 and you could likely find one for about the same money. Which I think is thier best work.