• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

shoot or buy .223 brass?

if you go to gun broker, they have a for sale section for reloading stuff, you can find once fired brass there in lots as big as you want. Most indoor public ranges don't allow reloaded ammo, they then sell the once fired brass. Gun Broker took over for that other online auction site that kind of started the whole online auction thing, that place that starts with an E, once they decided to stop selling anything that had to do with bullets, firearms or anything they deem dangerous (like Jarts) You can reload the brass a number of times before it needs to be recycled, you just need to keep on inspecting as you reload

I bought 200 .243 brass new on gun broker for 80 bucks with free shipping. I also have bought 1450 pieces of .223 brass all Winchester headstamped once fired for 50 bucks plus 15 shipping. At that price one can afford to cull a few pieces as needed. For me it's about the pennies.... For the .223 thats .044 cents per piece versus around .25 cents per round for brand new brass..... And I like to trim and uniform flash holes.... Easier to do with once fired in my mind....

My problem is that once fired brass available from the auction sites can't beat Cabelas prices. For example, I am looking for 308 brass to reload for my newly acquired Savage 99e. I can get 50 pieces of new Winchester brass for 19 bucks. They want once fired brass for that. Then I have to pay shipping. I see alot of Lake City brass and Federal brass being sold on the auction sites. Is this the brass to buy? Isn't all this military brass with crimped primers requiring more work for me to reload?

What did you use to remove the crimp? At the 2012 Shot Show (I found it on You Tube) RCBS is now selling a military crimp remover tool for around $100. It looks very simple, but now its another thing I have to buy.