• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My buddy bought one and loves it but hes wondering if he can shoot 2 3/4 or 3 inch slugs out of it the barrel says 3 inch shells but it doesn't say 3 inch only .

The books says it can shoot both but then on another part of the book it say shoot only what the barrel says. hes kinda confused on this .

So I thought I would ask you guys back here

This what I found and if I purchase a shot gun for deer hnting I will be looking at this one for sure

BY: Randy Wakemen

who has shot black bears with this gun

Certainly, all guns are individuals, but Savage R & D has done enough extensive testing with this rifle to be able to offer up some solid suggestions. In fact, the hang-tag on the 220F’s Accutrigger suggests three loads: the Federal Premium Barnes Tipped three inch 1900 fps round, #PT209XT1 or either of the pair of Remington AccuTip offerings: the PRA20 1850 fps 2-3/4 inch or the PRA20M 3 inch 1900 fps loads. The Federal / Barnes load is 5/8 oz. (273 grains) while the Remington loads are listed at 260 grains