• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey guys, I saw a truck and some people fishing on I believe its called North Twin yesterday. First time I have ever seen anyone out there. Anyone know of anything about this lake, and how to get on..?? I thought it was private all the way around it?

Jarrid its funny you ask, because that was my best friend out there, it is private and she is the only one that lives on that lake. Ive fished the last spring there with her, and we just slaughtered the crappies right off her dock! We ended up releasing the smaller ones leaving us with not one under 11". I dont know how she does in the winter though.

Technically, I think you can walk up that creek that runs into/out of Minnie's NW arm to get over there. Technically, the state owns the water so if you stay on the creek bed, legally I think you're golden. Have I done that? No. Would I do that? No. Like I said, technically I THINK you can do this. Do those two ponds interest me every time I drive by on the way to the cabin? Yes. But then again, the trout pond at Minnesuing Acres interests me on occasion and I don't hit that either even though there is a creek running out of it. Same principle: It is surrounded by private property and I just don't like doing that.

I'd be careful about walking up the creek. There's a place where the creek runs through some private land and that land owner has been known to practice what you might call "suspicious agriculture" down near the creek. No fish is worth the fight that this guy may bring with him.

Good to know Poacher. Ive been itching to try a new little pond somewhere in the county, but I just dont know how to access them. The only one I really know how to get to is Deer Lake, but I dont think it is worth the work there. Not deep enough. I would like to try Gander too. Just looking to catch some gills. Anyone care to chime in on some small lakes that are accessable. I'll start~ I have fished Red lake down by Wascott a few times. Not much for quality fish I have run into, but it is a fun lake to catch little gills, bass, and some snakes...

I have had good success with Crappies on Lake of the Woods in Solon, and will even run into a good sized Northern every now and then, but it has slowed down some the past few years.

Leader Lake is pretty good for Gills, Crappie and has some pretty big Northern.

Been catching many small snakes out on Upper St. Croix with an occasional Crappie, Gill.

Jarrid ,

Good luck at getting on Gander or Coffee unless you know someone....both lakes are private all the way around, Heck, Im even friends with a guy that has property on Gander and he wont let me in crazy Those lakes have alot of fish but they are small.

Jar

Lake of woods in solon use to be real good and even pulled some nice large mouths through the ice. crappies are good size if you find them sunfish are on small side, havent fished it in a couple years dont no what happend to all the norther in the lake was a fun lake for flags. Muck lake was real good at one time also but the water is so low the last time i was there in a deeper hole i hit bottom with augar so we left.