• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Newbie (kinda)

Mouldy

Hi all. I finally got done hunting for the most part and ready to hit the ice. I have speared a little before with a friend around Grand Rapids, but I have dug out my Great Grandpa's stuff, got it all ready and ready to get on some pike. I got new decoys though, because his decoys are from the 40's or 50's and need to be put on a shelf, not on a line.

I'm from the Rush City area and I see that some of you are from the Harris area. Excited to get to know ya guys and gals a bit and hopefully learn a bunch.

Hi all. I finally got done hunting for the most part and ready to hit the ice. I have speared a little before with a friend around Grand Rapids, but I have dug out my Great Grandpa's stuff, got it all ready and ready to get on some pike. I got new decoys though, because his decoys are from the 40's or 50's and need to be put on a shelf, not on a line.

I'm from the Rush City area and I see that some of you are from the Harris area. Excited to get to know ya guys and gals a bit and hopefully learn a bunch.

I'm hoping to set my perm house on Fish Lake by Harris on Sunday. Dealer and Jr. are probably going to set theirs to.

Work is probably going to keep me off the lake for a week or two. You guys will be welcome to use my house. It's a 6x8 with a 30x48 hole. I would rather see it getting used then sitting there empty.

I'll let you know if we get it out.

Even if I cant make it out there spearing I'm planning on swinging in every other day and open the holes in both houses so when you guys can make it it won't be too hard on you.

I need direction Arch and if my back wasnt so sore I would cut ten holes to get turkey huntin access grin

Mouldy keep in touch on this thread,I normally spear ever Sat/Sun and if I don't have any work I go out during the week,lots of great lakes in the area and not enough time to hit them all. If you have any questions on lakes post them here and I will help and your welcome to tag along any time.

Mouldy keep in touch on this thread,I normally spear ever Sat/Sun and if I don't have any work I go out during the week,lots of great lakes in the area and not enough time to hit them all. If you have any questions on lakes post them here and I will help and your welcome to tag along any time.

Will do, got out yesterday on Goose. The water was quite murky compared to last year for some reason (decoy barely visible while moving at 7 ft). I am currently unemployed so I can spear pretty much any day. I would love to tag along sometime. I can use any tips I can get. Trying to get as much by fishing of this site as I can, but nothing beats experience.

Mouldy I'm heading out tomorrow morning to Fish Lake planning on being there around 8am,I don't know how late the boss will let me hang out but hoping to spear till 1. Mj will be out sometime mid day also. If interested post here and I will check in later tonight and the morning before I leave the house.