• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Most fish seen in a day?

Archerysniper

So after a day I will never forget it got me thinking. What is the most fish that you have seen in a day? Buddy from work took me out to a spot today and we had 61 pike come thru today most of them not very aggressive and we were able to play with them they really didn't want the decoy,with a sucker down they hung out side the hole but the hillbilly hand spinner was the ticket they just came in slow and stared at it. Was able to tease one to the surface and touch it's back.

uncounted and tough to say as many fish are seen over and over. Well over 100 fish in a day, repeats??? Best spearing I ever had was having 5 or more pike pushing 30 inches staring at the decoy at the same time, when they scattered it was game on for a big girl!! I had the fortune to spear some waters that hadn't had a decoy in for 30 plus years, and other landlocked waters that had no access for the public. It's fun, but spoiles you for the rest of the waters. 4 trips out this year and no pike, did manage to catch a few rainbows when I gave up on spearing.. btw I'm fishing Alaska... the good spearing is in MN from what I've seen so far. Will be flying into some remote lakes in January to give it a go!

42 in the morning and then went to another lake and saw 13 in the afternoon

that was a great day and could have seen a few of the same fish . but the most memeorable was 3 fish over 35 inches in the first hour then had one about 40 inches stare at the hillbilly spinner

Best stretch I had was 14 fish in two hours. Twice I had two fish in the hole at one time...stuck one about 14 lbs and watched a 23-24 lb fish chase off a dink that was looking at the decoy. Took a video with my cheap digital camera and it showed up all right, but not when I transferred it to the computer.

Check it out and pause it at 34-35 seconds in and you can see the tank turn to swim off.

I usually spear for food so if they are running good I'm done soon and don't see too many. One Saturday last year I saw twenty some and that was my best day. I've seen 8, 10, and 12 pounders on a slot lake that I've fished since 1964 but don't spear there now for fear of making a mistake.