• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rest Well, Kodyboy

DaSwede

Always the hardest drive a man has to make. In your mind you know it's the right decision, but your heart wants one more hunt under blue October skies. I feel your pain. Good boy Kody, hunt'm up!

I'm sure KodyBoy and you formed many great memories that will live on forever! You never get a new pup to 'replace' your last... just to make new memories!

Godspeed KodyBoy!

Ken

Thanks guys. I'm glad we took lots of pics of him. One of my favorites is this one. Took him out the day after pheasant season was closed about 5-6 years ago. The only thing I was carrying was a camera. Just happened to capture this:

full-28328-14888-kody:bird.jpg

If you look to the left of Kody and just above the fence, you'll see the hen that he flushed. Wish it would have been a monster rooster, but it was still one of those memories that I'll never forget!

You provided an honorable end to your companion. I'm sure he gave all he could, for as long as he could. Don't be afraid to cry - it really helps.

Oh, tears have been shed/are being shed, trust me. I just went home for lunch, and my wife (who has a home office...also shared by Kody) was crying. He was always in her office as close to her chair as he could be. She says it's too quiet...even though he was a very quiet dog.

I don't regret putting him down (I said I'd never let him suffer), but I/we sure miss the big galumph!

I just went through the same thing with my black lab in late September so i feel your pain. Enjoy the memories and the special times you had with your hunting buddy. And let the emotions go. I caught myself crying at work a few times. They sure do become a huge part of your lives.