• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

grouse survey

Jason Boser

all you atv users the dnr is having a grouse survey and one of the questions is about atv vs walking trails you all need to do the survey and let them know we have enough walk in only trails and to leave our trails alone before mn ends up like the feds in the chipawa here is the address

dnr.state.mn.us/hunting/grouse/input.html

thank you

Jason

Done. I have property in the Chip. We did very little grouse hunting this season due to the tremendous amount of ATV hunting traffic this year. We have seen an increase of traffic both hunting and fishing in the last few years. This is great for the local economy but frustrating for "locals".

Disagree. Not enough walk-in only trails. Nothing worse than being run up on by an ATV while grouse hunting or listening to them rip around the woods. Get off your ATV and walk. You don't need access to every square inch of public land via ATV.

The Chippewa forest is almost all open for ATV's and that is reason why many people don't hunt that area. Majority of the hunters want more walking trails and they do not have to be developed. Just closed off logging roads from motorized vechiles will do. Atv's still have 90 percent open. problem is some ATV people will do 100 miles in a day looking for Grouse. That is why some areas grouse numbers drop fast after opener.

I say bull to atvs killing so many grouse. I have had atvs blow by me and as soon as the get around the bend out jumps a grouse that stayed still because they heard it coming. Stop crying because one day you will be old and not able to walk well. My cousin is not able to walk and he gets more people yelling at him because he is under 40 years old and not walking for a grouse well guess what HE CANT WALK! I think if they can go in and log an area with logging machines we should be able to drive an atv in there. Also for NON atv people you have the whole BWCA to walk and grouse hunt in. There are alot of trails my cousin would love to hunt but he cant because they are walk in only! I normally get more birds then him and I walk after he rides in.

As a new member back in 2002 I made a big splash in the ATV vs Grouse hunters debate.

While I didn't do anything to get banned I was a huge thorn in the backside of the ATV mods.

Here is the direct link to the Survey

where you can voice your opinions straight to the policy makers.

I had taken the survey some time ago and know that you'll be able to go into great detail to express yourself..

We'd like you to do that rather then fight amongst each other here which really does not change anything other bring bad vibes to someone you don't know but probably could get along with.

I don;t like the ATV riders but as long as they ride where they are allowed to I deal with it. The problem I have is with the ones that rides the trailes they aren;t allowed to, specifically, the state forests that are closed to them. I don;t know why it's so hard to follow the rules.