• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

squealing cooker/heater

Pooh

Why does my cooker warm up with a light dull humm, then on medium and high it squeals for quite awhile. I just got it used, does it need a good cleaning? I haven't left it on long enough to see how long it squeals.

Hi Pooh,,,I am guessing you have the Mr. Heater/Cooker. I have one in my deerstand when I hunt (OMG! what a difference smile ) but I have the same problem as you, and it sure doesn't bring in the deer...lol.

I don;t know the names of the parts so you'll have to go with me here, but when you start to hear it hum and it starts getting louder, put a finger over one of the air intake (?) holes for a second. Watch out so your clothing isn't next to the burner and catch fire.

If you do that a couple of times, it should warm up and you won't have the problem after that. Hope it helps!

I was wondering if anyone uses their heater/cooker in their portable fish shelters, or is a buddy heater a safer option?

Patrick

both of mine (lost the first) have done it since day one. I should add that I only keep mine on the low setting, due to the confined space I am in... It might be the same at any setting,,, i think once it warms up to temp its fine.. sometimes its just getting it there thats a pain..

No expert here, but I hope it helps.

Here is an interesting take on this. I can't explain this either. My Mr. Heater/Cooker does not squeel when it is up right to use for heat. But when I turn it face up to boil water to cook with it, it squeels past the point of using. But if I take the pot off or move it, the squeel will lessen or go away.

Any ideas/explanations or suggestions for this post or the above posts?