• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Swhacker

fire29

Does anyone shoot em?? Im thinking of giving them a try. On you tube under Hank Parker swhacker watch the part two video. It is on angled shots

with mechanical broadheads. Pretty interesting. I am a long time muzzy 4 blade shooter never had luck with mechanical broadheads including the rage, I lost a dandy buck this year with a rage, not that it was completely the broadheads fault but it helps me sleep at night. Just wondering

Fire,

I switched to Swhackers this year for the whitetail season and so far I'm pretty impressed. As far the entry vs exit they are no different then any other mechanical head. They should cut on the way in as they will open upon contact and slice on the way in just like a Rage (I know, lots of guys hate them!).

I haven't shot anything yet but I can assure you that they open on the way in on my Glen Del buck as both sides of the target are cut up and it was brand new this fall. With the foam you can see the length of the cut on both sides when the target is new so can I assure you that they will open. Is there a chance for not, sure, just like any other mechanical.

I will report something if I ever get an adult deer close enough! Terrible season for me. If they interest you buy a pack and decide for yourself, god knows we have all purchased our fair share of things we don't use.

As an engineer, I look at products like Swhacker and try to evaluate it from the science point of view. What I like about the design is the penetration. The blades are tucked in and rear deploy. That means nothing opens until well into the animal. If there were a criticisim, the entry hole may be small so you might not get as big of a blood trail unless you happen to get a complete pass through. I've looked at their videos and concurr that Swhacker is a very good product. That being said, I was started off with Rage broadheads and have not switched. I can't vouch from personal experience, but everything I see about them tells me they are a good broadhead.

They seem to work on high fence deer for High Fence Hank...whistle

My opinion is that Swhacker broadheads look like a terrible design. I say look like, because I have not even been tempted to look closely at them in stores, etc. I think there are a lot of good broadheads out there that I'd consider way before these. I like FBB, but there are better mechanical designs (again, IMO) if you prefer that route.