• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mad hunter

ricqik

Just a heads up, if u bowhunt or hunt in any of the Bayport wma, keep an eye out for a mad hunter. Word is if u get there b4 he does, he'll slash ur tires n if he's there n u happen to accidently stumble in the area he's at he'll leave early b4 u n slash ur tires. Was said he drives n early to mid '90s150, I didn't catch what color it was.

Have b4, cops say they can't do anything without solid evidence other drive by every now n then. In other words, gotta catch him in the act, which is pretty hard to do when ure in the woods. am tempted to hunt close n within site just to get a phone vid shot of him in the act.

Thanks for the info! Ill have to let my brother know he lives just down the road from there. That is pretty sad. If ya hear anything else let us know. Where did ya get this info from?

I've been bowhunting the south section for over a decade. Some yrs ago, I always see an old model f150 everytime I came back from the morning hunt. The day my tires were slashed, he stopped coming after that. Been yrs, I don't recall the color of the truck. Just a few days ago, a few duck/geese hunters were out hunting in the cut corn field. But the suspected mad man was there first to set up on the edge of the remaining standing corn. The bird hunters not knowing he's there, they set up their decoys n what not as usual, birds flew buy n shots rang out. They said afterwards they see the suspected mad man come out n leave. When they decided to leave, they get to their vehicles only to find flat tires. They can only suspect the only vehicle that was there that isn't there now is the f150. Coincidence that both incidents a f150 was seen, Idk. At this point, we can only suspect. But next time I'll be writing all plates down incase this or other incidents should happen, that way atleast, I have something for the cops to look into.

Makes me think of a story my FIL told me this weekend. They live right next to a WMA and he awoke at 5 am Saturday morning to get ready for work as he was covering for a co-worker who's up north deer hunting. His pickup was parked out front under a halogen light, the kind the electric co-ops put up, and he looked out the window to see some guy crawling under his truck! He goes out and asks him what he's up to and the guy says, oh, just checking to see if it was still warm. I thought someone might have beat me to my spot. I put up a stand down there a few days ago and am headed down to hunt this morning. So they part ways and at about 5:30 am BAM, BAM, BAM. My FIL asks me later, is that legal? It was pitch black out. I told him no, but its also not legal to leave your stand out all week either. We had this conversation Sunday after church and by then the guy was packing up his stand and heading out for the weekend.