• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scent Warning

I stopped at the Lino Mills fleet store today and bought a bottle of still steaming doe in heat it was bottled for the 2011 season and on sale so I bought it. I have had good results with this scent before and didn't question it,however when I went to use it tonight I opened the bottle and smelled it and was surprised it smelled like a chemical cleaner and nothing like any type of doe urine. Just a heads up so someone else doesn't have the same problem,I will email the company tomorrow they are based here in Minnesota.

Sticks,I have tryed but I have a hard time covincing my pet deer to go into the bottle wink. Actually I did use my fresh scent from my doe last night, she's starting to urinate on her tarsal glands and rub them together let's just say my hunting clothes smell like a really fresh doe tarsal glands now laugh

Oh boy, left turn warning light is coming on. In all seriousness, if you shoot a doe or know someone that does this week cut off the tarsal glands and pull them into your stand. Can really make for a great hunt. Local deer processors have the deer so ask if you can cut off the tarsal glands they more then likely will let you and you have one of the best scents available to use. I like to spritz the ones I get with a little store bought scent which brings out the aroma a bit more. Drag them into your stand and sit tight. Each doe harvested as the season progresses will greatly help you in your pursuits with the natural tarsal scent from the local herd.

Tunrevir~