• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite panfish jig(s)

Wahlberg

I am stocking up for some winter panfish fishing. What are your favorite panfish jigs? Basically , the jigs you would not leave home without. Any specifics (colors, sizes, bait choices..) would be appreciated. I am trying to spend my money wisely. Thanks

Hands down, Custom Jigs and Spins Rat Finkee's in size 6, Ratso's in size 8, Shrimpo's in size 8, and Demon's in size 6. Glow/Pink, Glow Brite, and Glow/Blue. Don't leave home without them!!!

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
[email protected]

Yep, Custom Jigs n Spins makes a great ice jig, a lot of styles and colors to choose from. I like the Two-Spots and Ratso's the best. Demons are good too.

Tackle City also makes some nice ice jigs as well and you can see them at this link:
Tackle City Ice Jiigs

I also have a lot of luck with the Systems Tackle Fatboys, size 8 and 10. Glow red and blue are both hot colors.

Don't forget about small jiggin spoons too, they are a go to lure for crappies in a lot of situations. Glow Devils in sizes 1/8oz and 1/16oz are very good for this type of fishing. You can check them out at this link:
Glow Devils

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

For crappies i like northland's forage minnow in the silver color and the glow rainbow color. Also i like small flu-flus and just a plain hook when using minnows.
For the sunnies i like to use anything small from custom jigs and spins. Like Matt said dont forget about the small jigging spoons and small jigging rapalas packed with maggots.

------------------
Dan Ament
[email protected]

Shrimpos, Ratsos - Great tail action!
Fat Boy, Genz Worm - Bulkier bait, I like them in red glow the best.
Rat Finkee
Marmooska - small tear-drop type bait for bluegills.
Demon - Always a great glow jig for crappies.

Well we sure appreciate all the comments about the Demons, Shrimpo's, Ratso's, and Rat Finkee's. If you're headed to URL don't forget about the size 4's. Demon's and Slimjig's are a great jig when the slabs are aggressive. Check out the site for the whole line-up.
Cutom Jigs and Spins

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
[email protected]

My top two for Crappies:
Fat Boys- Sink fast show up great on the Vex.

Glow Demons-The only choice for after dark.

Top Two For Trout:
Cubbie Mini Mite-Really like the Clear Sparkle color, but lots of experimenting a good idea.

Maribou Hair Jigs-Black, Black Brown, WhiteRed.

For crappies I like to stay original and go with the plain hook tipped with a very small crappie minnow.
For sunnies I love the JB ant in glow or orange. I usually use waxies or euro larve for that.

------------------
eat, fish, try to sleep