• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MW3 or Battlefield 3

silverbulletguy

Server drops are really annoying on the PC side. This game has a major learning curve. I would suggest playing a lot of squad deathmatch to get your guns well equiped before you start playing some of the other matches. I can not fly a jet or helli yet worth a darn.

Yes, you have to change up your control settings in order to fly the helos. The planes seemed ok to fly with the default settings. I'm not huge on flying things with a ps3 remote. once I get the pc version, i will own with my joystick setup, so much more natural.

I played for about an hour last night after the kiddo went down for the night, and man was it laggy. Expected after a new launch, but it sure isn't fun!! Had to turn it off, as it just wasn't very fun.

A few times when I have swung the gun quickly, it overshoots it dramatically and way off target, like its being pulled, which makes me an easy kill.

Also they, there are still problems with spawn kills. I was even spawn killed at the START of Squad Deathmatch. It spawned the opposing team 5ft from me, didn't even get a chance to raise my gun.

The controls feel laggy to me at times. Plus there are several times where I hit a button and it didn't execute the command. In one game I had to hit the reload button three times before it reloaded my gun.

The game is visually beautiful. One of the best looking games I have ever played. Some of the maps almost seem too large.

I haven't really found any guns I really like yet, but none seem bad either.

I tried flying a Copter twice and the controls don't seem intuitive at all (PS3). I'll have to look at changing them.

That's another different aspect of the game. You can spawn right on top of your squadmates. So many times I deploy right when my teammate is getting shot from behind and they get me as an additional kill. It has only worked once in my favor when I had an entire squad spawn right in front of me and I got 4 kills is 2 seconds. You have to pay attention to where you want to deploy on the map.

Maps being too large...Welcome to Battlefield. The BF core wants big maps, they scream for it and got it for the most part. Remember, this is a PC driven game and the pc'ers want huge maps for flying and vehicle combat, they shrunk the maps a lil for consoles. BF1942 we were flying a B-10 Bomber that took half a map just to get off the ground, lol. Your issues with commands not being executed sounds like remote issues, the lag, well that could be the game, or your end, hard to ever tell. I've yet to experience lag and i'm only on a 3mb line. The sensitivity for movement is noticeably a pain in the butt to get correct, which may cause you to think it's laggy, definately took me 2 days to get it correct.

I'm a huge fan of the BF series. I tried MW2 on 360 and it was fun. But still didn't compare to PC side of things.

I've been playing BF3 since Tuesday, there is same in game lag right now but not much the new server finder software makes things a ton easier.

The maps are huge and take a few runs to find your way through.

You can look me up. 'Tator2k' in game.