• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1100 12 gauge, not ejecting

I had the same problem to. What I had to do was clean the magazine tube really good and instead of oiling it I had to put graphite on it. You can get a can of rem oil liquid graphite and put that on it and it seemed to help it. Hope it works.

Seems whenever I use my 1100, if I used low base or low power sahells I would run into a bit of an issue.

I believe once a gunsmith told me to clean the gas ports and it would work better but I only use it now with high base shells and have no issues.

I have a couple other shotguns that I now use for bird hunting and put a slug barrel on the 1100 and use it for slug hunting. Great slug gun with the Hasting rifled slug barrel.

Clean your gas ports in the barrel, make sure your O ring is still good, no cracks or anything. Completely break down the gun into all its working parts, clean and lubricate lightly.

Can you describe your problem a little better? Did it eject shells prior to this with no problems? 1100's can be finicky but they should eject dove loads, I see plenty of them at the trap range and they have no problem ejecting lighter loads and low brass shells. Where exactly is the shell getting stuck? If you empty it by hand will the shell eject?

When a gun does that, usually it is either the bolt not going back far enough to eject the shell, or the extractor is not functioning properly.

She worked flawlessly, until after a few times out dove hunting with it. Shot trap loads at doves with no issues...however, they were cheap shells, which I have never shot out of it.

Its half way ejecting loads now. I'll fire a round off and take a picture in a bit.

bundt2k, Most times when that happens it is one of two things, as said before cleaning the gas port and rubber and metal orings under forstock. The other problem i have seen and experienced is a plastic peice behind the bolt. I dont remember what it is called. ( bolt stop or something like that) Somtimes a peice of that breaks off and gets in where it shouldnt. Have to pull it apart to get at it. A call to remmington and they will send a new one. (only a coupl dollars) The last time i orderd the little plastic bolt stop they gave me the gas port o-rings free. I am pretty sure one of these will fix your issue with ejecting light loads.

Yep, clean first, and I mean complet breakdown. Take out the trigger assembly, pull out the bolt, etc... as that is where your problem is. Make sure that everything is clean and lightly lubed.

Something is wrong with the gun. It shouldn't have trouble kicking out those shells, especially if it was working properly before.