• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pick em for College Hockey???

solbes

Last year we had our WCHA pick em and it was kinda fun. It was manual and slow though. I've been looking through some options for an automated one

http://collegehockeygame.com/rules.php

I see it's Facebook based. I must be the LAST person on earth not on Facebook. Plus it's blocked at work. But I see it has a WCHA option as preferred league, so that would mean we could make picks for all games, but crown our champ based on WCHA results only. Because honestly who really cares about Canisius playing Sacred Heart? Unless you could make it worth 0.000001 point.

Anyway looking to gage interest. And see if this is a good way to run it. Or we could track them manually if we only have 5-8 people again. Or if there are better systems out there, lets see them. Puck drops this weekend, so we gotta get a move on!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the inch one year also. The problem was if you missed a week's picks you were screwed. Maybe they changed it so you can put them in advance.

Also no leauge preference, so we were back to the Sacred Heart curse.

So I just signed up and made my picks. Real easy to do. I m not sure how many users there are etc. Should work though. You can invite people to join but I dont think it puts them in a group with you or anything.

So did you sign up for the one I cut and pasted? If so I'll try to sign up. We can still post weekly results of everyone interested.

----

Fantasy college hockey would be awesome. But I don't know if there are any autoamated systems that track stats, like Yahoo for FF. Brings me back to the days of grabbing the Monday Sports section during lunch with the guys and figuring out who won FF for the week.

Also why no college hockey video games? They've been "talking" about adding a college component to the NHL series for years. Of course there are probably only 10 people in this country who would buy it, but I could increase their sales by 50% just based on friends who are interested. Come on EA Sports!

I just signed up through that link. I don't know if you need facebook to join either. I suppose we will have to just let the site keep track and then post just our results. Maybe we need to make sure we use our names from here. I better see what mine is on there.

I did see a college fantasy hockey site. I googled wcha fantas hockey and there was one for the league. It id done by volunteers and it stated its not always kept up to dateor something.

Bear, where are u. And arhery stud, pier, brian 32, I know there are more hockeys dudes here that would play

Bear's probably hunting them...bears? Or deer, more likely. You can see I'm confused by the whole antlers on a bear thing. But I'm fully assuming he's in.

We do need at least 3-5 others to make this fun. We've got representation from St Cloud, BSU, MSU, and Bucky that are currently not signed up.

Brooks, you dont have me fooled. Loaning out some muskie stuff to shorelunch and his kid. I was really believing your good deed for a second. But then I re read the post, He owns a cabin on the canadian side of LOTW. well played Brooks, well played.

Just kidding, nice move, nice story, gotta love helping someone get their fist muskie.

I submitted my picks for the first 2 weeks. I think it worked, I went under the WCHA area.

]Brooks, you dont have me fooled. Loaning out some muskie stuff to shorelunch and his kid. I was really believing your good deed for a second. But then I re read the post, He owns a cabin on the canadian side of LOTW. well played Brooks, well played.

Just kidding, nice move, nice story, gotta love helping someone get their fist muskie.

I submitted my picks for the first 2 weeks. I think it worked, I went under the WCHA area.

Haha, I didn't know that Shore fished LOW until after the fact Scott, besides he goes out of Morson area and I only fish out of the NW angle. If everything pans out I might have a place there next year. If not next year for sure the following year. I shoudn't get any credit, Shore did me a favor in a way... but it is cool that there putting it to use and catching fish.

I'm still in huinting mode but I will sign in when I get some time later this week.

I think you can have a group on this pickem thing.

I went to my account and there was my buddy matt Beer fish in a group with me. Matt how did you get in my group. we need everyone to do that. So far its just us 2.

Ok, I like the link on facebook but can't find where I make my picks on there. It just comes up saying I need to log to facebook but I'm already log in on another window, what the heck mad. I will keep trying. Darn computers

I just entered my picks. It took 2 tries to get through. It had to verify my login through my yahoo email account? Weird. Anyway not sure exactly how it will work. The main thing is to select WCHA as your preferred league in User Settings.

If we get this going, we'll have to exchange email accts somehow to see each other on the leader board.

I noticed the upset bonus as well, kinda cool.