• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Three Rivers Park bowhunt

CrowRiverRat83

I just received my acceptence letter to hunt the Crow Hassen Park special bowhunt in St Michael November 11th-13th. I've never done this before, and would like some tips from people who have. I'm an experienced bowhunter, but am curious about crowded woods, deer sightings, etc. I would actually like a PM or email sent instead of posting here, thanks. [email protected]

Myself and a hunting buddy applied last year for the first time, and were denied. But we got picked this year and I'm really looking forward to it. I fish the Crow alot back in the park, so I'm pretty familiar with the land. I'll be sure to let everyone know the results of the hunt.

Had a buddy and his brother hunt the Elm Creek park up by Osseo a few years back. He shot a doe and his brother ended up taking a 120ish 8 pointer. Said it was fun and saw quite a few deer too. I have shed hunt in that park along with some others and there is defiently some big bucks in them!

Here is a buck from French Park

Seen 4 deer yesterday, a huge 10 40yds away couldnt get a shot, passed on a decent 7, seen 4 deer today also, what would be a big 8 (only had one antler), a spike buck and 2 deer walked under my stand way before shooting light. I tell you what the woods around me sounds like a race track in the morning before first light, bucks grunting, running all over the place, chasing does around i assume.

I applied for this hunt this year, but was not drawn. Since I live in the area, I definitely plan to apply again. What's it like out there in regard to other hunters? Is it tough to find good areas to hunt without stomping around an area that another hunter is using?

TProGuy, just make sure you scout out a few areas before the hunt weekend. Have a plan A,B,C in case some areas are too crowded for your taste. This was my first year, and it actually wasn't as crowded as I thought it was going to be. On Friday I had another hunter set up about 60 yards from me, but I still shot a doe that day. Saturday we had the spot to ourselves, and then again today there was a guy about 80 yards away. Seen a doe this morning but that was it.

Thanks for the info. I knew that there was a large part of the park that was grassland, but wasn't sure if any areas were off limits. Looking forward to hopefully getting drawn next year, as even though it is just one weekend, it would be awesome to have a place close to home to hunt for a few days.