• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cooper's first day in the blind

Todd Caswell

Cooper got his first chance in the blind this morning, he just turned 14 monthes, he was a Stud fee puppy that I really had high hopes for as a trial dog, but he isn't a very good marking dog, has a great personality and work ethic but just can't mark, but he's going to make a great gun dog, his manners this morning were excellent, it's fun to see the light come on after the first bird hits the water.

[color:"Red"]He's thinking this is one BIG flyer

043copy-1.jpg

Trying to get a grip

0502copy-1.jpg

Figuring it out..

085copy-1.jpg

111copy-1.jpg

127copy.jpg

AWESOME pictures as always Todd!!!! That bird looked darn near as big as he is. Continued success this fall with him. I just went thru the 51 pictures you took of my boy this spring at CMRC.

I read ur comment on the QAA question on the RTF I agree with your take. I noticed that Rick ran David's dog again.

Quote:
AWESOME pictures as always Todd!!!! That bird looked darn near as big as he is. Continued success this fall with him. I just went thru the 51 pictures you took of my boy this spring at CMRC.

I read ur comment on the QAA question on the RTF I agree with your take. I noticed that Rick ran David's dog again.

Thanks, Wade, I'm glad it worked out the way it did, Windsor 2nd. Tessa 3rd.. Winsor is owned by a guy that I train with and I found him the puppy and I introduced him to Rick, Winsor is one of Belfords puppys a litter mate to Ricks dog Rudy that won the week befor. Jims pretty pumped, but again it's a guy that is afraid to run his own dog. I feel Dave is missing out on a prime time in his dogs life, if he's not comfortable running at the level she is at now, the next step is going to be alot harder and he may go along time befor he gets through an AA event. He should be taking advantage of a dog that almost get herself to the last series..

Quote:
So Todd, does that mean Cooper could be for sale? How is that doggy in the water.

Possibly, I'm going to keep training him and hunt him this fall. He's a really neat dog, very easy but has a ton of go, clean in the house and kennel, quiet, trainable and very affectionate. He's CC FF throught the swim by and has been running cold blinds for about a monthe, don't get me wrong he's not a terrible marker, does multiples, just isn't a pin point marker and seems to be gunner dependent, weve been trying alot of different things and have seen some improvement, I just don't think he is ever going to be a good enough marker to be a trial dog. He does fine in the water, is doing well with cheating singles and has run some channel blinds as well.

I think he will be good enough in time to be a Master type of dog because he's very managable.

I have a 9 monthe old female half sister to cooper that looks like she is going to be a much better marking dog, I don't like her nearly as much as a dog but it appears she has more talent with the same amount of go and trainability.

Got alittle off track but yes he may be for sale after the hunting season, shoot me a PM with your info and I'll keep you posted if you woulf like.

Todd