• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It DOES exist!

Fish&Fowl

I've been searching for a long time for a climber that is light, folds down flat and doesn't require a second mortgage...my search may be over. The Lone Wolf stands look awesome, but for $400 that was not going to happen. Summit makes some decent stands, but the one I wanted is still spendy and doesn't even fold flat. The other models do, but not the one I was looking at.

JVAGTEC475.jpg

Maybe too good to be true, but I ordered one and am excited to try it out. I really like that it is open for bow hunting but still has arm rests, it's fairly light and I really like the price. Never heard of the company until this evening.

The summit blade folds flat but carries a $329 price tag.

I know lone wolfs are expensive but wow to I love mine, If you think about renting one for 20 years at $20 a year the price isn't too bad.

One thing I should tip you guys off on some of these cheaper climbing stands have pins to adjust the belts that can be pretty noisy, they can also be a pain to setup. I have some friends who own similar stands and they have used my summit and they are pretty jealous. I then let them use my lone wolf and they became even more jealous. Sometimes you have to pay a premium for a quality/quiet stand but trust me you won't regret it.

FWIW, I spend many years trying to save a buck by buying cheaper gear. At some point I realized that I was getting exactly what I paid for, and started to save my money to invest into good gear that would last rather than to buy cheaper stuff to save a little money at the present time. Now, years later, I have bundles of cheap gear that doesn't get used and a smaller number of quality items that get used every time out in the woods. A climbing stand is definitely one of those items.

It is a lesson I wish I had learned a lot earlier, as I'd have a lot more money to spend on more quality items.

I hope the stands work out, and they may be the next household name, but I have never heard anyone sing the praises of a climbing stand not named "Summit" or "Lone Wolf".

if its the one im thinking that's the one they sell in Sportsman's guide for about $80? At least that's what it looks like. Dont forget to check out D icks sporting goods i bought my climber there last year on clearance for $130 i think it was maybe a few $ cheaper its big folds flat and doesn't weight a ton its the field and stream brand they sell.

Pooh and mrklean are right on the money. Thats where I bought it from. Is it a Summit or Ole Man, nope.....but when you are a single father of two kids its hard to justify $300 bucks on a climber. For 80 bucks, this one is solid, comfortable and in my price range. Figure if it gets me up the tree and holds me, its done its job just fine and the rest is up to me.

F&F:

No. Mine is steel which is the only drawback to it I have found. I think it weighs like 25-26 pounds, but with it folded up its not that bad at all. Figure I can manage a 25 pound deerstand, I have carried heavier rucksacks around my whole military career! smile

Question for the guys who like the folding flat stands - do you want it more to fold flat to get into vehicle (takes less space) or to just be flat on your back walking in? I am just wondering. I am new to climbers and got a Viper on super sale this summer, and hoping to useit this weekend. Only tested it out so far, haven't hunted out of it.