• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New sled?

Dahitman44

I dont think there are any "good" deals on used sleds right now, at least on Skidoo SDIs. I missed 4 sleds in 2 days - EVERY one of them sold immediately.....one was on a-sales-site for 15 minutes when I called: "sorry, someone called 5 min after I posted it".

Another 2 sold an hour before I called. I asked a dealer about it and he said that economy is poor and new sleds are $$$ so alot of folks are buying used this year.

If you find the sled you want, I'd pull the trigger on it!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've already talked yourself into the 800. Skim through all of your posts in this thread once and it'll be plainly obvious. So you should do what you know that you want.

I'll just say though, that if I were in your position it would be the 600. There isn't much of a drop-off but where it will show is with your kids. Dad "needing" the 800 will teach them some lessons that you may not want to teach, such as splurging on something just because you want it, getting something that (you consider) dangerous even when your brain says "no." Eleven, like many ages in that range, is a very impressionable age. You made the decision to have kids so you might want to factor them into this decision a bit more. That's just my sense though.

Go with the 800. You won't regret going too big. You may regret going to small. Just be careful letting inexperienced friends drive it. I got an AC F8 last year - I rarely use all the throttle that's available but it's nice to know it's there.

I can't give you personal advice on either sled....both look nice!

I know when I picked up my 600 yamaha, the first question my ins. agent asked me if it was larger than a 600.....at least with my agent the big jump happened going from a 600 to larger.

If you pull the trigger on the 600, and your feeling "blue" about your decision, give your agent a call...he might have some good news for you to help brighten your spirits! grin