• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

building new house

northspear

Here a re couple pics of ones that I have previously built.

What size are you thinking of buliding? Single ..double??

These houses are 4x5 ther brown one is wood and I'm rebuilding it this year and the green one is aluminum 4x5 42x28 hole basically a perm portable and the guy that has it now uses it as that.

full-15313-11733-233.jpg

full-15313-11735-236.jpg

full-15313-11736-297.jpg

Mine is insulated so its not exactly light. I used T111 for the exterior (exterior plywood with the grooves in it)I framed it with 2x2's 16" on center and used 2x3's for the roof. The interior is sheeted with luan plywood. It has a rubber roof which I highly recommend. I bought all of the materials and tried to do it right so it will last me many years but the costs added up more than I had hoped. I have $980 into it.

I will say it turned out exactly how I wanted it and its very nice to spear out of.

Before I build a house I typically lay it out like draw the floor size on the garage floor or set out the plywood of the floor and try and figure out what my best options are like what is the best side for the door, where I want the hole and such. I try and even set the hearter on the space to figure out what room I have also.

Ive been in a number of bigger houses and I like the 1 big hole to spear out of instead of two hole models

If you ever are going to have two people in the house I prefer having the hole in a corner rather than all the way across a whole wall. This allows two people to have a good view of the hole without being crowded sitting shoulder to shoulder.

And a 24#

Is your big one still laying in that field????? laugh

I put mine against the far wall across from the door. I sometimes wonder if I should have put it in the center so people could look from both directions. I end up having another person in the house with me alot.

I am having them put the spear hole in the wheel house I ordered so people can sit on both sides.

Northspear,

I cannot find the pictures. I had a computer problem a few months ago and I think I lost them.

Mrklean,

Its webbing material like they use on a backpack strap. I had a hard time getting the gal I talked to there get me it to.

Northspear,

Its webbing material like they use on a backpack strap. I had a hard time getting the gal I talked to there get me it to.

I asked for one of the sales guys right away and he knew exactly what i was talkin about, might grab it on my lunch today.