• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Unique Pike Markings

Dug this picture up from a couple years back... I'm just curious if anyone has seen a pike with markings similiar to this one before? I'm guessing it is just a "wierd" pike whose markings developed differently but wanted some input from pike fishermen.

full-37820-11597-pikewierdmarkings.jpg

Zebra

i guess i have never seen one like that before. i could be wrong, but it almost seems like a pike/musky cross-breed. by looking at the tail it seems that the tail is not as "rounded" as a pike usualy is and closer to a musky tail but just not there yet. good luck.

Neat fish. I am looking at the one I have mounted in my office, skin mount over 24 years ago and the mount is in perfect shape. 26 pound NP BTW and caught in Manitoba. Only large NP I have killed and threw one back that day at around 37 lbs, not inches, since I had kept the one on my wall.

Nick, your Italian fish is very similar at first glance. However, the markings near the belly are the reverse on mine. Much more, or many more white markings on a predominant dark background--or, simply put, the reverse of yours. But, the pattern, altho reversed, is very similar.

Also, the Italian fish seems to have spots on the fins and tail where as mine is mostly solid stripes.

In any event, comparing and learning is why we fish. All in all, I find NP a most beautiful fish.