• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kakagi (crow) lake Ontario fishing report

Where are the fish located in Crow this time of year? Mid lake rock piles? Weedy Bays? Suspended over deep water? Can never figure a pattern out on this lake this time of year... Maybe I should throw more crankbaits by those mid lake humps. Any thoughts?

As of Wednesday there was a pretty good sized patch of open water in the middle of Crow. Many of the deeper trout lakes in that area still have some open water.

full-28108-15540-pipestonecropped.jpg

I'm supposed to head up Pipestone next week on Wednesday, but if they don't get some cold weather soon, I'll probably have to fish some closer trout lakes.

Good to see Superbee telling the truth about current conditions-the resort we stay with has been reporting good ice on Crow-Obviously they don't want to lose business this weekend, but the ice reports on their HSOforum are irresponsible and dangerous-Kudos to Superbee-

Yes,

Kudos to Superbee for putting safety above revenue and being an honest business operator.

I think I know the resort someone refered to as giving out misleading ice reports. Doesn't surprise me. I stayed with them for around five years in a row, one weekend every January. Finally got tired of our bill always being added incorrectly, consistently in the favor of the resort.

Rented a snowmobile one year for $80.00 per day. On day three we wanted to portage over to Rowan Lake. I asked for the gas tank on the sled to be topped off. I thought the owner was going to have a stroke over having to add some gas. When I told him that I needed a full tank to make sure I made it to Rowan Lake and back, he liked that even less. I suppose that for $80.00 per day I was expected to just take the sled around the corner on Crow and fish one or two spots all day. I made reservations the following year which included one snowmobile to rent. Imagine my surprise when I was told,upon arrival, that the rental price was then $100.00. Wouldn't want to let your customers know, in advance, that the rental price was now 25% higher.

The last year we stayed with them, they charged us for a Friday night meal when we didn't arrive until well after supper time. Didn't notice that until I got home as my attention was diverted toward correcting the addition of the bill. Wrong again, in the favor of the resort.

I can certainly forgive anyone for an honest error but when the error is always to the favor of the person that initially did the math, I get suspicious.

Now, the majority of resorts that I have stayed at in Canada have provided hospitable,helpful and honest service. The resort I stay at during open water season has loaned me batteries for my boat, they tell me whether the fishing's been great or not so great and generally treat us like family. It's too bad that a minority of resort owners do not get that if you take care of the customers, the customers will likely take care of them. If they don't, there are plenty of honest operators out there that want your business and are smart enough to know how to make you want to keep coming back.

A pilot from the area was flying the other day and stated there was lots of openwater on Crow and Pipestone (shore-shore). He was talking miles worth. I was fishing a smaller trout lake in the area today and there was around 9" and lots of water in a narrows that usually only has a small pocket. Be careful, there are still a lot of smaller lakes with good ice to get out and catch some lakers.

Wow thanks for the awesome ice reports I was going to head up this weekend but I think I'll just focus on smaller area trout lakes and wait until my big February trout trip to crow. And thanks for the info on where to look for satellite pics. If anyone does get out on crow in the next two months, I would like to know how it went. Not looking for specifics just like to dream about catching fish up there soon...