• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Pheasant Buddy

CrappiesNCats

5 years old. Been healthy as you can get. Stopped eating last Sunday, only got her to nibble down a few bites of chicken breast. Took her to the emergency vet today. Lymphoma. less than 2 months to live. Feel like I've been robbed of about 9 years with her. Have to figure out how to explain this to a 3 year old. She is a good and gentle dog.

full-22145-10037-025.jpg

Sorry to hear of your upcoming loss. I too lost a great dog to Lymphoma. DO the best you can to comfort her the next few months. Spend extra time with her and take lots of pics. maybe on a cool day see if a game farm has a couple of decent flyers available and let her chase up a couple of birds.... that would be a befitting memory for both you and her.

I think it's O.K. to explain to young ones the circle of life. Explain to her that her time with you is over and she is going on to doggie heaven to run and play and chase birds... all dogs go there at some point and another dog will come to live with you....

Good Luck and Godspeed!

Ken

Man, thats horrible. I feel for you. I pray you can keep her comfortable, and you are prepared to let her go when its time. Take comfort knowing she'll be in the great pheasant field in the sky, waiting for you.

Sorry to hear that. It is very hard to lose a good dog and a member of the family. I did it a little over a year ago, and the memories are still fresh in my memory. Spend as much time with her as you can, let the kids do the same, and when the time comes, do what is best for her. Is it difficult? Very, but when it is time, you will know. It hurts something fierce, but is the right thing to do.

My 4 y.o. son still asks about my dog Rock and says he is hunting pheasants with Jesus.

CNC, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. We also said goodbye to our dog Riley on saturday. It was a sad day all around.

I completely understand your pain and I offer my condolences. I hope you find comfort. I'll be looking for it too.

CrappiesNCats, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I can only imagine how hard it is. It is one thing to lose your dog, but to have to put them down is a whole different ball game. Good for you for doing whats best for her and not being selfish and keeping her around any longer than you should. Just know that she is in a better place and you will be reunited soon enough.