• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

T3 from G5

Anyone shooting these? I have read the reviews on cabelas and the only bad thing i have read is people have a tough time with the spider clip. I shoot muzzy mx3 right now but i have to ajust my sights EVERY YEAR from field point to broadhead. I know Rage is "King" of expandables but i dont like the rubber o-rings and have read way more negative reviews on the Rage 2 blade and 3 three blade then i have on the T3 from g5. So I decided to come to the best resoures HSO.

I talked to the dnr about these heads and he said that since they are not locked/fixed open in the barb position after they deploy they are still ok. The trufires switchblade that came out a couple years ago are what I understood from him to be cosidered barbed since they lock open in the deployed position. Im sure every CO is going to interpet the law differently though/

I have not shot the new T3 but I did use the original Tekan when it first came out. I spent a week of evenings looking for a doe i shot from 15yds. Complete pass through, 2 lungs, I waited 2 hrs. She traveled the length of a standing corn field. When I found her she had a hole through her barely bigger than my arrow. A field point would have done as well. Unless G5 has completely reengineered this head I would stay clear. I have used the Rage 2 with great results ever since.

It would be nice if the DNR had a list of illegal heads, lots of stuff open to interpretation with some of these newer heads. I even think we have seen different report on this HSOforum where one CO calls a certain head illegal and another CO said they are legal.