• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Night time lighted bobber fishing

I've never done the night time lighted bobber thing but this weekend I'd like to give it a shot. What is a typical presentation for walleyes this time of year?

Use a slip-style bobber if you're in much deeper than 5-6 feet. Then just a splitshot and a good daiochii (I'm sure I murdered the spelling!) or laser-cut eagle claw hook with a leach or a minnow (I'd take both along if possible).

I feel the same as DJ those thill lighted bobbers are awesome. I use to use blue fox, which also are good, but when I switched to the thill I won't change back. I always use a slip bobber when fishing walleyes, for the simple fact they allow the fish to run with the bait with hardly any resistance. If your using a snap on or any other type of fixed bobber the fish have to pull all that weight and are more likely to spit the bait. Any bait can be used with this method of fishing. I have used crawlers,leeches,minnows,and frogs with this presentation. Goodluck on your nighttime bobber fishing and you'll find that it can be deadly at times.

Thanks for the replies.

walleyeking#8 - I'm heading up to Reno tonight and hope to give it a shot over the weekend. I'll post my results on the Reno thread come next Tuesday.

I just went out last night and bought some of the Thill lighted bobbers for a week long trip up to Vermillion. I'd been using the blue fox bobbers and always had problems because the line would get tangled around the bobber and if you're night fishing, you can't right off see that your bait is a foot under your bobber. I haven't even used the Thill bobbers yet and I already know I'm going to like these 10 times better. The line is threaded through the bobber which should almost completely eliminate the problem of the line wrapping around the bobber.

Wally H

I totally agree that the Thill design is far better to eliminate line foul ups. The only issue I've had with this style is the battery design. The battery is actually the internal light and I've found many times that although I thought I snapped the tab to turn off the light that the next time out the battery was lit and of course dead. I suggest removing the battery from the bobber after use to minimize the problem. Any complications after dark are true COMPLICATIONS!