• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bow video cameras?

jay83196

I'm looking into one of the video cameras you can install on your bow, basically screw into stabilizer port. Cabelas sells one a j and k sport vu anybody use this or others that had good or bad luck with.

Thanks

I was interested in getting one, until I saw the video from them-- major vibration from the shot and you can't see anything for a couple seconds after most shots. There are some options available from a clip on camera on your hat that I think are much better options. Most people who are serious about videoing their hunts themselves (and not being paid by a company that sells bow-cameras) are using some sort of clip on camera that isn't attached to the bow.

I dont know how you would / could mount it, but Go-Pro Camera's are amazing.

Could always wear a hat or helmet, or peg it to a tree or ????

Here is a sample from Go-pro. The vids seem pretty stable even when you would expect them to be shaky (on snow skis).

They run $300

Now that right there is SWEET! Nice action vids. I would were a camo bike helmet to use one of those. It looks like they get some nice footage from the torso too.

I agree with SnS's recommedation of keeping it off the bow though.

A friend of mine introduced me to the Stealth Cam Epic that he was field testing for Archer's Choice. We used this with the shock resistant saddle on our bows, put it on his tractor and tilled up food plots, thing was just awesome, footage and audio was top notch. Definately my favorite, i've now put it to work on my Benelli to get some barrell action during my duck season. 2yrs and still going strong.

Wildgame Inovations came out three diffrent HD cameras. They are small and come with the hat clip. the cheapest one is around $100, the nice thing is they have IR lights on the front for shooting film at night.