• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quarry Park bike ride

Anybody know the name of the cactus? Minnesota? prickley pear? There was a spot about 10 feet by 4 feet with a bunch of them. OUCH! I said just before i pulled 3 barbs out of a finger when I got to close.

Nice series and another vote for prickly pear. There is a greenhouse, Byrns Greenhouse, in Zim that has some growing along their entrance when you pull off the highway. I figure if it lives up here and in a bog is must be tough stuff!

It's only 4 bucks a car or 14 for the yearly pass. We were chatting with one of the workers and mentioned we like taking pics of plants and stuff so he asked if we'd like to see the cactus. We rode the bikes and he took us to where they grow. He was on a small all terain rig with fill for some bad spots on trails. Very nice of him to do that. The patch was in a shady area which surprised me. It would get morning sun. A thin layer of earth then solid rock.