• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Gear for a kid

Nolan

Hey guys im 16 and my main fishing goal this year to the end of high school is to catch a 40+ inch muskie. Im 16 right now and have a boat and all that good stuff, but not any muskie equipment. Do any of you muskie guys just have to much stuff and possbily want to hand it down? Lures, reels, rods, whatever. Thanks alot guys!

I just wanted to pipe up and say good luck! Used gear is a great way to go, and if you can find a buddy to fish with who already knows his/her way around muskies you will learn a lot going out with them eve just a few times.

Every year I try to bring somebody new to musky fishing or any fishing for that matter. There isn't a better way than to donate some Xtra gear laying around collecting dust. I just donated alot this week so far. I hope this forum gets rolling for ya Nolan.

Before you worry about getting more baits to throw, make sure you have all of the release tools that you will need. A "Muskie net" long nose pliers, jaw speaders and a good hook cutter, are all esential tools for a Muskie fishermen. A proper release and understanding how to handle them correctly is far more important than how many baits you have.

"Ace"

If your close to any Muskies Inc chapters just stop by a meeting and tell them you want to start Muskie fishing. I know the Twin City's Chapter gives away baits to young people in attendance.

Muskies Inc is a great place to figure out what works and how to catch fish, learning from guys like Ace first hand in person is the best way to learn.

Nolan, do you ever get up near Fargo? I don't gear for you, but I'd be happy to help you try get a fish. Shoot me a PM if you get up there or would be willing to get up here sometime this Summer.