• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got the boat out of storage, now what?

FBMH

Hey guys, im more of a newbie when it comes to motors and how things run. A few questions i have for you guys:

Instead of taking my motor to the landing to fire it up, i want to be able to run it at home for awhile first. I have a 1998 evinrude 25 with electric start and the only question i have is:what and how is the proper way to run your motor on a hose?

if you could give me some ideas and some tools/materials i need that would be awesome.

Like i said, im a newbie and learning this motor stuff is pretty awesome. Any help would be much appreciated by me.

Thanks,\

Cody

All you need is a pair of muffs. This is what they look like.

full-17935-7054-4p5tym_210x158_bg.jpg

They can be bought at any big box fishing shop. Just screw it on the hose and turn the water on. Put over your water intake on your lower unit and its ready to be fired it up. It will look something like this hooked up.

full-17935-7055-p1030040.jpg

Cant wait to start er up.

The muffs work great and the motor will be LOUD when you start it, since the exhaust is not underwater. It's a great way to let your neighbors know what you're up to! Just a heads up for a newbie! Have fun with it!

The muffs work great and the motor will be LOUD when you start it, since the exhaust is not underwater. It's a great way to let your neighbors know what you're up to! Just a heads up for a newbie! Have fun with it!

Ha. Thats so true. Just wait till you fog your engine this coming fall. I had neighbors coming out of their houses because they thought the neighborhood was on fire.

"Nope, everything's fine, I'm just burning fossil fuels!"

"The muffs work great and the motor will be LOUD when you start it, since the exhaust is not underwater. It's a great way to let your neighbors know what you're up to! Just a heads up for a newbie! Have fun with it!"

The little motors aren't so bad. The entire neighborhood would take notice when i did that with my 175! grin

It'll squirt water everywhere too, but as long as there's water coming out the p hole you're good.

My 175 sounds sweet out of water too grin amazing it's that quite in the water.

OH, and make sure you've let all the water drain out if it's going to freeze at night!!!