• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Ten hockey 2013-14

cbrooks

Yeah, I think you gotta keep the regular season hatred separate from the NCAA tourney time.

Regular Season hatred:

1) UND figthing Sioux if for no other reason than they are loud, brash, and usually good enough to back it up.

2) Denver, just have no love for Gwoz and his team, though I have some respect

Post Season hatred:

1) BC, BC, and did I mention Boston College?

2) Michigan

3) Miami (for knocking out 2 Minny teams 2 years ago)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man my hate list has changed a lot over the years.

At the top has to be Sioux, Denver, WI, Michigan, BU, & BC.

I think I use to have St Cloud, Northern Michigan, Maine, Lake Superior State. Hard to believe NM and LSSU use to dominate college hockey. Too young to hate Michigan Tech but they use to be wicked good too.

Oh I hate the Boston schools during the regular season and even more in the postseason. The Gopher hatred ends when the postseason begins - as long as they aren't playing the Sioux or Beavers. They are still representing MN and the WCHA so I have to cheer for them in most cases.

I agree about Miami being annoying too. I don't really care for them. Maybe it has to do with a coach named Enrico?

I want Michigan to keep losing too - only so the Sioux can catch up in the National Championship totals.

Dang, more hate. frown

Just getting the Gopher fans fired up smile but I really do hate Penn St to think of it. Hey Steve, your two favorite teams are in sperate conferences now. You must like that in a way?

No, cb, I'm going to miss the rivalries I've been paying attention to for the last 38 years. I know some of the teams will still play each other, but it won't be the same. Plus, the rodents have gone on record that they won't play the Sioux if the Sioux keep the nickname and they are in difference conferences, so there might go one longtime and cherished rivalry.

If the wcha teams refused to play big 10 teams its gonna hurt the wcha not the big 10.

When did the gophs go on record saying they wouldn't play the sioux. I remember a year or so ago there was some comment about that for volleyball or sme randon sport. Whatever it was it meant nothing because they were in diferfent divisions anyway.

I've never heard anything out of hockey

"]When did the gophs go on record saying they wouldn't play the sioux.

I heard it through the grapevine, and it was only that they wouldn't play the Sioux if UND retains the nickname and they end up in different conferences. I won't tell you who told me, but his initials are Virg Foss. wink

Could be I misheard or misunderstood tho. If so, my apologies.

Darn sioux fans. Spreading rumors. Probally tried telling people the gophs won't be in the ncaa tourny this year too.

The gophs and sioux will play. I guess we can wait 3 years to see. I doubt the teams even get much influence over who they play. I have no clue on that, just can't imagine they do.

I won't tell you who told me, but his initials are Virg Foss. wink

Scott your no longer the big shot here grin.

I've been reading one rumor that the University of British Colombia will be joining the WCHA. I will believe that when I see it.

This is not the end of the WCHA. I just watched a Final Five that featured two of the top teams in the nation and some excellent hockey. It did not have Gophers or Badgers. Yeah, the WCHA will miss the revenue from those two large arenas, but will be just fine.

I agree 100%. If I was the WCHA I wouldnt schedule any of them Big 6 Teams ever again. Let them sit and play out their own little 6 team tourney!

I kind of agree with this, and was just thinking about it earlier today. A six-team league, with a 20-game league schedule? They need quite a few non-conference games. If the CCHA and WCHA get together and shut out the Big 10 teams, they will have problems (the Big 10 teams, that is). The WCHA teams - at least, the Minnesota teams and UND - should try to use that little leverage and get games against the Gophers in Duluth, Bemidji, St. Cloud, Grand Forks, etc.

Just remember that the away team gets roughly 30% of the ticket revs. So incasee like bemidji and duluth and other places, they can make more money at the gophs or badgers.

I'm still bigtime, just talked to some folks that said they are currently neogotiating the 10 game contract which will include all combonations of the wcha except maybe aa and tech.

]badgers.

I'm still bigtime, just talked to some folks that said they are currently neogotiating the 10 game contract which will include all combonations of the wcha except maybe aa and tech.

Your full of it...really?

I've heard of a one scenario with the CCHA and WCHA trading certain teams for travel. CCHA gives WCHA Alaska and in exchange WCHA will give the CCHA Mich Tech. It would benefit both leagues that way. These smaller colleges are gonna take a beaten.

I kind of agree with this, and was just thinking about it earlier today. A six-team league, with a 20-game league schedule? They need quite a few non-conference games. If the CCHA and WCHA get together and shut out the Big 10 teams, they will have problems (the Big 10 teams, that is). The WCHA teams - at least, the Minnesota teams and UND - should try to use that little leverage and get games against the Gophers in Duluth, Bemidji, St. Cloud, Grand Forks, etc.

I hope this doesn't get ugly like that. From my understanding Minnesota never wanted this, they kind of got force into it. They shouldn't be punish for this IMO. If it turns into teams snubbing each other in the schedule it will only make things worse. It will be interesting if things go that way.

I truly believe nothing will happen like that. Everyone wants whats best for college hockey right? The only realistic thing I see happening is that the gophers refuse to play the Sioux because of the logo and name. I think there are enough cidiots down there that could make that happen.

this was all wisconson and did not have the gophers support. The gophs could c,are less about playing the wcha teams. I want to play them, but its not going to adversely affect the u if we don't play them. Personally I think the gophs are gonna be surprised at how much the big 10 bosses them around.

The big 10 is going to promote to all heck as well.

Imagina all the new fans that will go to cheer against the intersport rivals now. I could care less. But it will be hyped up.

What does the Big Ten bring to Gopher hockey that they didn't have before. They have plenty of TV coverage with FoxNorth. I think the Gophers might see this as a step back or like you said Scott they will have a pain in the a$$ Big Ten bossing them around. Have to see how this transition works.