• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Names for new pup!

Hammertime

Looking for input for names for my new female GSP coming home in a few weeks. We like Ruby and some others but im interested in hearing the names of your female dogs to give me some more ideas. I like 1 syllable or 2 syllable names. Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words. As far as names go think of female names in movies. Just thinking about it Disney movies in particular: bell, jasmine,princess,Ariel,lady, cruella deville........maybe not that last one. Ill be interested in this thread as I'll be needing a new name for a pup as well pretty soon.

Tikka. It's a rifle model line manufactured by Sako in Finland. I am part Finnish. So my heritage and hunting related in one! It also means "woodpecker" in Finnish and she can chew on twigs and sticks like there's no tomorrow. That last connection wasn't planned though. grin

I say you cut right to the chase and call her "B*+@h". The hard consonant on the front of the name is good in the field, and during those trying times in training as your blood pressure elevates and you're fighting to maintain calm, you can get a warm glow of satisfaction by simply calling her name.

Of course, if you have children in your house, Ariel or Belle might be a better choice.

LMAO!

To name my dog in order to register the pup into LMCA I had to choose the letter in which what number litter the mother was at. The first Letter of the name had to be A for first litter

Letter B to second litter and so on. Just a way to help personalize your choice in names.

This made it somewhat easy to find a name. I narrowed it down to German and Danish names. The Dog is of german breed and I am Danish of danish dissent researched those names starting With A . I settled with Almeta a Danish name meaning " A Pearl" She comes to the shortened name "Al". Kinda fun when people get confused why I call her Al and she is female.

Thanks for the kind words. As far as names go think of female names in movies. Just thinking about it Disney movies in particular: bell, jasmine,princess,Ariel,lady, cruella deville........maybe not that last one. Ill be interested in this thread as I'll be needing a new name for a pup as well pretty soon.

John, there is a guy with some pups outside of town right now. 800$ good dogs. I know it hasn't been long since Kota left ya, but I think this set of pups would be great for you!