• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any good Bird Dog hunting shows on TV?

Kylersk

Benelli's American Bird Hunter is the best show in my mind with Tom Knapp on the Outdoor Channel. The season should start again pretty soon.... Go to there HSOforum to learn more about the program and see clips laugh

I only get versus and the outdoor channel, but there sure isn't much bird hunting on. Especially this time of year. I liked the waterdog show but it didn't seem to be on this past season, although maybe I just missed it. Other than that, I can't say I've ever really noticed an outdoors show geared toward dogs.

American Gundog on the Sportsman's Channel. The best upland hunting TV in many years. All wild birds. All over the country.

No comp'd hunts, planted birds or endless endorsements for some high end lodge most of us could never afford.

They took a couple year hiatus but looks like new episodes coming in July 2011. I'd also encourage buying DVD's of past seasons. They are inexpensive and worth having. See link below:

http://americangundog.com/index.html

I wish I could remember the name but there was an internet bird hunting show....a lot of grouse action which you don't see much of. The guy had real nice dogs. I'll search a little and see if I can't find it again.

There is an internet show hosted by a guy named Paul Mueller (sp.) and he's filming Dave Hughes and Lloyd Murray hunting grouse. It's awesome. Hughes is arguably the greatest grouse dog trialer/trainer of all time. And Murray bred/owned one of the greatest grouse trial dogs of all time in Long Gone Agnes.

Real hunting with great dogs that are fully broke and have manners in order at all times.