• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New bow string

MUSKY18

So I nicked my string last year and am thinking that I need to have a new string put on the bow. Do archery shops carry different colored strings. I shoot a Bear and the string is Orange and Green and I like that. And what am I looking for price for it?

Good strings are expensive these days, custom ones even more so. Look around at several different shops to find what you want. Some will only have off the shelf stuff, some will offer custom ones.

Newbie question... how long does a string usually last? Basically for hunting only in sept and a bit in Nov/Dec, and average target practise. I'm getting new bow this spring, and plan to practise and hunt this fall. Just wondering if something to expect every couple years, or only if you mess it up somehow, and one string will last until I buy new bow in 5/7? years... thanks.

It's typically recommended to replace every 2-3 years for average shooting. Every year if you shoot a lot and maybe 3-4 years in your case. Usually the serving will start to break down around the cam(s) and the string will start to stretch after awhile. They're not all created equal. keep an eye on it and see what happens.

I have a Mathew's and I had wearing instantly on my inside string got it replaced and now 2 years later it looks exactly like when they put it on. Shop around for your cool strings but I stick to the boring because they have them on the shelf and 20 minutes later everything is back to normal and they double check everything. I'm a scheels fan and they take great care of me and even on something small they double check everything for me.

hey bret check out top pin archerys custom strings.made from bcy materail and halo serving. they are top of the line and tons of colors to pick from. $55 for string and cable. not going to find a string this good for this cheap anywhere.