• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hogs Gone Wild

SFC

i have seen hunting shows from down south were they do just that. i dont think there is even a limit in some places. they are destructive to be sure. i would rather they not be plentifull in minnesota but sausage comes to mind. good luck.

I think just about anywhere down south (at least in texas) you can shoot them whenever you want, however you want...you might not even need any sort of hunting license. I'd like to see a bounty on them so even more get shot. Hogs are one exotic I'd love to see gone! Hopefully they never do make it up here eek

I think they do not shoot them on spot because its a tv show, they want the drama, and also PETA problems. PETA probably already has a problem with this show.

Another issue is the heat. Most the time they are in Hawaii and its pretty warm even at night. I think they want to catch them, tie them up, and than bring them to a butcher fresh so the meat can be put on ice right away.

Basically another way to look at things is... We are watching discovery not versus or the outdoor channel. if it were one of the last two wed be watching them peg off multiple pigs from long distance ranges with a rifle.

I think I would rather pay money and have a good barn raised pig than eat an old boar who has been running in the weeds.

Shoot 'em and leave them lay. Coyotes will clean them up.

I think you guys are right, Discovery shows need to add drama and make something out of nothing.

Although, I wonder what they get paid for getting rid of a pig?

DD

I think I would rather pay money and have a good barn raised pig than eat an old boar who has been running in the weeds.

Shoot 'em and leave them lay. Coyotes will clean them up.

I think you guys are right, Discovery shows need to add drama and make something out of nothing.

Although, I wonder what they get paid for getting rid of a pig?

DD

I imagine nothing for the show. The show pays them to be on it. I am sure they probably put out free hog removal ads for the show.

At least the pig is going to be distributed to families in need, or a food shelf.