• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow value?

anchor man

I'm looking to sell my dad's late 70's Fred Bear Super Kodiak recurve. It says it's a Victor with Fascor on the limbs and is 45# draw I believe. Can anyone give me an idea of what I should sell this for? I'd like to price it to sell sooner than later, but don't want to give it away. I've seen a wide range of asking prices for somewhat similar bows so I don't know where to start.

Thanks

I think it depends on the bow. My understanding is that there were quite a few different model Bear recurves made with similar names. I did a quick search on e bay and see some completed auctions for super kodiaks going for $200 - $500.

My advice would be to look up some traditional archery forums and see if they have a classifieds section you can post in. They probably have old posts you can search through as well. Or just put it up on e bay. One forum I know of is called tradgang, google it and you'll find it.

A lot of it depends on how well the laminate has held up. That bow might be worthless or it might be worth many hundreds of dollars. If you really want an answer to your question, do a search for "Leatherwall" and "archery". Take pics of the bow and post them there- lots of guys will know the answer.

anchor man,

not sure why your selling a Fred Bear recurve but if I was you I would keep it. Not sure the real market value but I can think of two good reasons to keep it. 1. family airlume (sp?) 2. It's a Fred Bear Recurve...enough said.

mr