• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Guitar Players?

Jack Peterson

Any guitar players on this forum?

How long have you been playing?

7.5 years.

What style of music do you play?

classic rock, hard rock, contemporary christian, alternative.

Type of guitar(s), amps, pedals?

Gibson Les Paul Studio Silverburst, Godin Freeway EMG, Alvarez RD-8C Acoustic Electric, Fernandes "Stratocaster"

Marshall AVT 30 - Dunlop Crybaby Wah - Boss Overdrive - Boss Noise Reduction Pedal - Rocktron Footswitch

Any Live experience?

Played numerous teen events for churches, musicals, local contests/concerts.

Favorite Song(s) to play:

Anything by Bon Jovi or Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Sooo bored.

Jack.

I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio black on black. Its a beauty. And a Yamaha FG 180 acoustic guitar from the 70s. I love that thing.I have been playing for about 6 years on and off. I have a little practice amp because I am in college and only could afford the guitar!

In high school I played in a number of live shows (talent shows and classical concerts), and at places like potbellies. I hate playing for people like that because of those forced concerts.

I like to jam. Any type of jamming is fun for me.

How long have I been playing. Probably close to 8 years.. but not overly serious..

Type of music? Folk/Acoustic.

Types of Guitars?.. Yamaha(403S) and Washburn(F52SWCE)Acoustic/Electric. Parker Electric. I also have a Tenor Lanakai Zebra Wood Ukulele.

Amp-Rowland 120 Jazz Chorus, got a pedal somewheres too..

Live stuffs? The Hot Spot Outdoors song.. Or just around the camp fire..

Fave song to play?... STP Plush.. But as of late like to turn anything into Ukulele, was learning how to play stairway to heaven on it lately.. Sounds actually pretty rad.

12 years.

Rock, Southern Rock, blues, PHISH ;), some bluegrass

Fender Telecaster HS, red, into a line 6 flextone III (12"), with an ibeniz ts-9 turbo tube screamer, a boss distortion, a boss compressor, and a crybaby.

Backup/practice rig is a standard strat with a 10" crate.

Any Live experience?

Played some parties on the UofM campus, on the GAC campus, various HS parties... and a few times at the Cabooze

Stealing time from the faulty plan (phish) to warm up...

Mantis (umphreys mcgee) to get the fingers movin a bit more...

once that's done.. hit random on itunes and play "REAL guitar hero" wink

Alive (Pearl Jam) this one was the first song I ever soloed to in front of a crowd.

I'll play anything by phish, led zeppelin, pink floyd, or pearl jam without hesitation.

but my true passion is musical improv... so ideally i'd just toss out some chords, play em through, then jam over them for.. well, until the music has effectively been conveyed and I can move on to the next one. smile

Been playing just for myself since I was a kid 25 years ago or so. Still can't read music, just listen a couple times and I can usually pick up the songs pretty quick. My sister (a music teacher) says I waste that gift.

Not much for equipment, just a Fender Stratocaster in red/white with a simple Crate 80 watt amp. Plenty of sound for around the house. Also have a nice Picador acoustic guitar and an old classical guitar. Would really like to upgrade to a good Gibson or Gretsch electric someday.

I think guitars are like guns, you don't trade them in or sell them, you just buy more.

DD

Ive been looking at making my own guitars. I want to make a Strat/Tele combo and call it the Stelecaster

"she will be mine. Oh yes, she will be mine."

What kind of combo? Tele body/strat neck? Strat with humbuckers? Half strat half tele body with a modified neck? Add the Paua bird inlays from the PRS fretboard and you'll have a killer setup right there.

I too would like to build my own setup one day. Not sure how feasible a hollow body electric is (to build AND play. holy feedback), but trey anastasio's guitar would be my first choice in a "replica" to make myself.

full-35547-6219-treyguitar.jpg

What kind of combo? Tele body/strat neck? Strat with humbuckers? Half strat half tele body with a modified neck? Add the Paua bird inlays from the PRS fretboard and you'll have a killer setup right there.

3/4 Tele body / 1/4 Strat or just tele body, Strat Neck, Strat pick ups, pick gaurd. I can't remember. However I have two templates for a strat or a tele so I can make em. Would be willing to loan them to you if you want to give it a shot.

Played for nine years now.

I play all acoustic stuff...mostly songs that I have made up. Otherwise I enjoy playing Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds stuff.

I own 2 guitars: 1.Martin DC- Aura in a full sized drednought cut-away. and 2. Taylor 214 3/4 body.

12 or so years off and on

Classic Rock, Alternative rock, blues, punk, some country, some hip hop.

Electric\Acoustic Ibanez, and an electric Ibanez.

Any Live experience?

Not much. Playing with a couple guys every other week but not ready for gigs yet.

Lots of Dylan, particularly "Subterainian homesick blues", but also tangled up in blue, like a rolling stone, tombstone blues. Zep: over the hills and far away, tangerine. Some Beastie boys (gratitude, no sleep till brooklyn, hey ladies), Sublime, Allman bros, pink floyd (wish you were here, time) Pretty much anything that grabs my attention on the radio I'll try to learn. Currently working on a Govt Mule version of She said She said by the Beatles it uses both 4/4 and 3/4 time, kind of a cool blues song. After that I want to learn "Money" (Floyd) and that 7/8 time.

Currently working on a Govt Mule version of She said She said by the Beatles it uses both 4/4 and 3/4 time, kind of a cool blues song. After that I want to learn "Money" (Floyd) and that 7/8 time.

Warren Haynes is one of my favorite guitarists to listen to...

I've seen him a few times... never been to a mule show though, I know they aren't technically touring this year, hopefully that's a "hiatus" of sorts.

3/4 Tele body / 1/4 Strat or just tele body, Strat Neck, Strat pick ups, pick gaurd. I can't remember. However I have two templates for a strat or a tele so I can make em. Would be willing to loan them to you if you want to give it a shot.

Have you considered a single coil-humbucker combo?

I have that setup on my tele... I love the sound when I have them both active... turn the gain up just a smidge, or kick on that ts9... strum over the neck pickup, oh yeah that's a dirty sound right there. Love it. I also appreciate the single coil single coil strat pickups, definitely a nice sound too (which is why i went with a hs tele, not the hh)

My guitar building ideas are takin a back seat right now to learning how to fly fish, tying flies, and re-workin a 14 foot boat I found from a buddy. smile Some day...

I've been playing for about 4 years now.

I play a Martin DXME Drednought, and I've also got a steel string washburn rover travel guitar.

I mostly played fingerpicking/classical on a steel string (lots of fun to mix classical and steel string styles), but I get a bit of jazz and blues influence, and a teensy bit of rock.

I have no live guitar experience, but I have way more than enough live experience with other instruments to know that I much more enjoy playing for myself than for others. Even if I get 'good' enough to put on a good show on guitar, you won't see me on any kind of stage.

My favorite song to play is Classical Gas, but mostly I just mess around with improvising to my own pre-recorded background track.

I hear ya. I like when he and Derek Trucks get together. Makes me want to learn slide guitar.

Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes is a deadly combo. Youtube "Old Friend". The version where it's just the two of them before a show in the backroom warming up...drool!

Rodrigo y Gabriela are great. They came to first ave a few years ago, I think iw as even living downtown at the time. Too bad we were upgrading our ERP at the time and i had to actually stay at work for the duration of the show. Not happy about that to this day.

Charlie Hunter is one to look for too, although he sort of combines guitar and bass.

I was at the Allman Brothers show at the state fair a few years ago, Robert Randolph opener (droolworthy slide guitar right there... especially when he whipped out some hendrix). Derek Trucks is very very talented. to call him a prodigy would be more than fair. I mean, touring with the Allman Bros band by the age of 12?!?!!

I've been noodling around for over twenty years, and still pretty much suck. I do have an affinity for Keith Richards and open G tunings.

I have an early 80's Carvin V220 that is an amazingly good guitar. It a shape it just sits there on a stand looking pretty most of the time.

My acoustic is a Yamaha APX10 that gets more use.

Now that my 9 year old daughter is taking lessons and playing, I am starting to get back into it.