• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3D Season is Here.

DonBo

Not much of a showing in Osceola today, maybe 50 shooters. Shot a 278, pretty good considering the conditions.

It was pretty obvious that the "rod and gun" portion of the club set up the shots and not their archery guys. Lots of brush in the way, and a couple of really long shots considering all the snow on the ground. Still, a fun shoot.

Probably heading up to Amery, WI next Sunday. Just let me know if anyone else is interested.

Got a pretty good group shooting in Amery, WI on Sunday. Amery is part of the Indianhead Archery League cosisting of 10 clubs in the west central WI area.

http://indianhead-archery.com/

Should be able to find a shoot every weekend between now and bow opener in September. smile

The link above is for most of the clubs that I shoot.

The Minnesota State Archery Association (MSAA) has a list of it's members shoots, though most of these are target shoots:

http://mnarchery.org/MSAAEventCalendar.html

I don't know of any other venues that publish public shoot information. There certainly are lots of other smaller clubs around the state that host 3D shoots, maybe everyone should just start posting the ones they know about on this thread.

A group of us went to the Rinehart 100 Shoot in Sparta, WI last year, camped out with hundreds of other archers from around the country and had an absolute blast. This will DEFINETLY be on my calander again this summer:

http://www.r100.org/Schedule/default.aspx?p=2

Here's a couple shots from the Rinehart 100:

full-20096-6549-elephant.jpg

full-20096-6550-giraffe.jpg

I remember that R100 from last year - now that looks like a blast -need to make that one for sure. This is what I shoot at in the backyard - gets quite a few strange looks and calls from the city. Might have to go back to my GlenDel. grin

SaginawAlien.jpg

There ya go. Sounds like an HSO Archery GTG in Sparta this summer. July 30-31. Lets see if we can get some folks together for a fun camping/shooting weekend!

My son and I are planning on going to Sparta this year. He is 9 I think he will love it. We go to shoots all summer long 3Dshoots dot com is where I look a lot and other places Lester Praire puts on a real good shoot I just looked at a schedule that included places that are not at the MSAA HSOforum like St.Peter has one too and Waterville

Was a great day in Amery yesterday. Shot a 290, my best yet! Had a good size group again. Amery has always put on a nice shoot, but I wish these clubs would post scores. It's always nice to see how you stack up against other shooters.

This Sunday, the 20th, Chilakoot Bowhunters. 5 miles NE of Stillwater on Wisconsin Hwy 35. Take the Business 64 / County VV Somerset exit. Watch for signs.

This is my home course, and I may be biased a bit, but we put on one of the best 3D shoots around. Many new Rinehart targets, and realistic hunting shots.

What's the cost Don? If I can get sighted in this weekend, I may try to make it out there. It was pretty windy last night and after losing one arrow at 60, I decided it call it a night!

$10, kids are always free. We have a nice practice range there, with marked yardages out to 50 yards. (You shouldn't need a 60 pin)

Breakfast at my house! smile

The rain could put a damper on things. It sounds like they're backing off on it a bit now, we'll see. If it is raining, I'll be there anyway, just shooting indoors, which is a nice option.

The rain held off for most of the day. Those who registered by noon stayed pretty dry. Still had over 150 shooters, which was pretty good considering the forecast.

Our next shoot is April 17th, put it on your calender now, it's always our biggest and best shoot of the year.