• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

8x8 trailer big enough..?

usmcjsy

8X8 is a bare minimum for 2 wheelers, and is really too small for 2 of todays sleds. An 8X10 would be a better choice. In fact if you have a sled any longer than a standard length I'd say 8X12.

You'll regret too small before ever regretting too large. wink

I have hauled two wheelers on a 6x8 trailer. It worked but I wouldn't recommend it. If you have a really good deal on a 8x8 it would be fine but if you plan on hauling anything else I would go with a bigger trailer like Macgyver said. You will never regret having too much room.

Ok well here is what I found, the guy said he will take my offer of $650. As of right now I dont have any sleds and I am guessing when I do get some they will be late 90s early 2000 and probably 500s just like my wheelers. I currently haul 1 ATV in the back of my truck and another one in a small utility trailer. I just figured a trailer like this would be a lot nicer than the way I am currently doing it. So ya guys think $650 on this is a pretty good deal.?

[NOTE FROM ADMIN: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank You]

It should be mentioned that a larger trailer will most likely also have a higher weight rating on the axle. Todays wheelers weigh at least 100 to 150 pounds more than most sleds. That's 300+ pounds more than 2 standard sleds, not including all the add ons guys like to put on wheelers.

Ya I just put a plow set up on one of my wheelers this year and some day would like to get a side by side. So I dont know why I was even considering the 8x8. Oh ya I know why I am broke LOL. Seriously though the more I think about it the more I am convinced this is one of those items not to cheap out on.

I think 8' wide would be too narrow for the newer wheelers. It'd work, but it'll be tight. I bought a 8.5x10 tilt w. salt shield for $600. great shape, aluminum. was a heck of a deal, but if you keep your eyes pealed you'll find a good deal

Ok one last question is there one brand name aluminum trailer manufacture thats better than the others...? I noticed the Karavan trailers seem to be cheaper in price but look to be just as good as lets say the Sled Bed brand. I am just wondering if there is one I should stay away from or if some name brands are really that much better. I guess I look at it as a trailer, no motorized moving parts etc. Just a axle with a flat bed slapped on top. Anyone have any bad experience with a particular brand..?

I'm going to say Floe is the top of the line in snowmobile trailers. I'm sure someone will disagree...

Not me, I had a Floe for 14 years and the only thing I've done to it is re-deck it 4 years ago.

Other than that, tires (many) and light bulbs.....it gets used a lot! wink

I had a 8X8 and it fit our 2 Polaris 500's, but it was close.

We added a 90 to our family last year and the 1st couple of trips we loaded the 90 in the back of the truck with all the camping gear, we then went and bought an Aluma 8112 (81"X12') and it has the aluminum bed and pulls like a dream and fits all 3 wonderful. Load all 3 from the side.

Like stated earlier, go big, you will never be disappointed.

i have sled bed 8 x10 works great to haul 2 wheelers, replace the sled hold downs with eye bolts that screw into the existing holes & attach your winches there. mine has the drive down front v salt shields works great keeps them clean when hauling. only dilema i have is now i have 3 full size wheelers so i am looking for a 12 or14' trailer. but i want it to be light so when i get to the lake i can still pull it around with 1 of the wheelers. what do you guys with 3 wheelers do? i also have 2 sleds so i can't really go with a 6 or 7 x 14' alum.

wondering what works for others? sled beds are good trailers but i feel a little $.

thanks

jon

Ok guys I just bought a new 8x12 ridgeline. It has the ramp that stores underneath. I got the 3500lb axle and 12" tires with it. It seems to be a very well built trailer. Full box frame no C channel. I would recommend checking out their HSOforum. The trailer is probably over kill but I figure I will probably own it for a long time I wanted to be sure it was well built.

Ya at first the price seemed a little steep, however I got it for $1900 out the door. Retail on it was $2490 and that was with out the tax etc. The one I got was a 2010 model. So I caught a break. Its nuts what they want for these things considering its just a trailer no motor etc. However they seem to hold there value pretty good which is why I just went with a new one. Plus after I checked out the HSOforum I was really impressed with the build and design.